Enabling, and admitting to having a problem

Got one? Know of a good one?
jfugina

Enabling, and admitting to having a problem

Post by jfugina »

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I'll announce that the Websters Warehouse box is back. I logged in and notice that I haven't bought one of their boxes in a year and a half, so I figured there might be a decent chance of acquiring stuff that I don't already have. We'll see. For <$40 (with shipping), I can afford to take that gamble.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Trixie

Re: Enabling, and admitting to having a problem

Post by Trixie »

So, Julie, where was the big, "My name is Julie and I..."??? :lol: I have decided that MY problem is I don't have a "style". I like Anna Griffin which is about as fussy as it gets and I like the clean and simple style of Jennifer McGuire. I like scrapbooking and I like card making. I have even been known to art journal and gelli print. I like old fashioned 'put 8 pictures on a page' scrapbooking and, while I can't believe I am saying this, I have even done several of the one picture per page layouts. I can do all these things with a Mennonite donut in one hand. Seriously, if I had ONE style I could buy the stuff that goes with that style, but instead I have a yearning for it all. I HAD been very good for the last year or so until I took this class. My big confession is that the UPS man has been to my house a couple of times since the class started. For those of you NOT taking the class, you get a 10 and 15% discount that you can use multiple times from Simon Says Stamp and Ellen Hutson.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

My style is all over the place and I love it that way! The best part is that since I jump across several decades with the photos that I scrapbook, you just never know which style you'll come across.

I love, love some of the newer WP collections and still have enough of her past collections that I don't feel the need to buy the warehouse box this time around. It's a great deal/value.

Julie - I didn't post an announcement because I have developed a reputation for being Queen Enabler. I knew it would show up here eventually. I'm among friends.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:Julie - I didn't post an announcement because I have developed a reputation for being Queen Enabler. I knew it would show up here eventually. I'm among friends.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

So Pam did you order one also????
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nope.
I divided all my WP into the various collections and I still have plenty. I might have to buy the Ocean Melody (?) collection but I have no need for a warehouse box.

If I had done a better job this year of using up my stash, I could justify it. Not this time around.

Cheryl - did you buy one?
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

No! I have yet to buy any of those warehouse boxes.

I will probably break the bank next week but by then I may rethink what I "need".
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I kept the darned email and kept looking at it for almost a week. Finally I bit. I haven't purchased a warehouse box in ages so maybe there'll be something in there that I can use. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My box left Charlotte this morning. I'll probably have it early next week. At this point, I don't even care really what's in the box. The act of sorting through it will get my hands on the stuff, which usually prompts me to be in the craft room doing sorting kinds of things, which usually leads to some scrapping activity.

And I need some scrapping activity this weekend. We've been out of town for three weekends in a row, and I told Rob that one of my priorities this weekend was to scrap Pam C's swap layout. I actually chose some materials earlier this week, but haven't' had time to actually sit down and work. Also, I am about day 3 into a cold that has come from complete exhaustion and stress. Our house construction (the interior finish work) is supposed to be done today, and that's been one stress after another. And I've got a week long project at work that is now three days behind, and I don't know how we're going to logistically manage this thing going into next week. And, somewhere along the line on Monday or Tuesday, I did something to my back. I noticed all of a sudden on Wednesday after arriving at work, that I couldn't stand fully upright. :-o So I'm totally miserable right now.

Anyway, I'm hoping to take a box of tissues into the craft room tomorrow and spend the bulk of the day there, after spending some time putting all of our knick-knacks back in place after the painting. Oh, and the dusting - there will be SO very much dusting. But it has to be done because we're supposed to have company over on Sunday.

The cub scout pack has a swimming event tomorrow, and I'm hoping Rob will take both kids and leave me to scrap in peace.

Oy... somehow this turned into a weekend thread and I didn't mean for it to.. Oh well, it's my post to begin with, so I guess the thread drift is allowed... :-)
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My box arrived yesterday. It was a considerably smaller box than in years past, but still worth more than the money I spent on it. And, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single duplicate of anything I already had. There were some papers from collections I've received in prior warehouse boxes, but nothing that was identical. Something that stood out though, was that most of the papers were not what I would consider to be the historical "feel" or style of Websters Pages - i.e., papers with non-repeating imagery around the edges and a relatively clear center of the page. Most of what I got was tight repeating patterns - just like every other designer collection.

I'm not disappointed - not at all. Like I said, it's all new to me. But I was surprised at how much of a diversion most of it was from what I'd consider the traditional style of Websters Pages.

I'll try to post photos tonight.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hoped to buy the Ocean's Melody (?) collection but with my pay cut surprise (still too painful to talk about!), I'm trying to be happy with just my monthly kits (until I can drop them without penalty).
I like the direction that WP has gone with their designs - easier for me to use, for sure!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The only duplicate that I had was the ruffled type ribbon. Other than that - all new to me.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Good point Pam P - in mine there were a couple of packages of bloomers and I probably already have one of the colors. But all in all, I'm happy with what I got for what I paid. The photos below don't detail the papers very well, but know that all together, there's a solid inch stack of 12x12.
Attachments
WebstersBox1.jpg
WebstersBox1.jpg (63.69 KiB) Viewed 420 times
WebstersBox2.jpg
WebstersBox2.jpg (58.18 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I bought the Love Notes collection and have seen some amazing layouts using it. They weren't "love" or "valentine" looking at all.
The kit looks to be another excellent value.
Pam Cook #48