Ali Edwards

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Ali Edwards

Post by pamcook »

Ali has released phase 1 of her new website/blog. She is just so organized! Worth checking out.
I actually signed up for her stamp kit. Yes, I did.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Ali Edwards

Post by pbp908 »

:-o
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'll have to go see it
But she does project life
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Post by nancine »

:shock:
You did?
I will be curious to see what you get for the price!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You get a stamp set, pdf files, and a mini-online class each month.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Am I the only one who thinks that's a little pricey? I have not pulled the trigger yet. As much as I want to be part of her secret community, I'm not sure $25 for a 4 x 6 stamp set is a good value. And the penalties for early cancellation of a subscription are distasteful to me. I love Ali but I am developing a dislike for Studio Calico. That's my piece for today. :angry42:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I felt it was reasonable for my expectations. I'm not a stamper but with the classes and using them for journaling prompts, I think it's a good value for me.
If I change my mind, I can always sell them.
For $20/month, I'm willing to take the risk.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I guess I would, too, for $20. But I already belong to too many monthlies right now. I need to seriously cut back.

I'm not one to sell things. Don't do crafty garage sales or things like that. It's just not my thing. So I would hoard them in my stuff.

I am mightily tempted though. I may sign up for one month. Usual style for me will be to wait til tomorrow and it will be too late. :lol:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

If I thought that her stamp club would get me back into scrapping I would be tempted. But I know that will not do the trick. I am too much of a card maker to go for this club. $20 strikes me as being a bit high for a small clear stamp set. Time will tell. It will be interesting to see what you get Pam and if you still feel it's worth the money after a few months. Hope it turns out well for everyone who goes for it.

So many changes happening in the craft world. Hard to keep up with it all...so I don't even try, :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I went and had a look. It seemed very expensive to me, too, for a 4 x 6" pack of stamps if what the video showed was any indication. But then, you know how cheap I am. I wish her well if she is still trying to make a living from scrapping.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I could be wrong but I just see myself actually using these stamps. Trust me, I have tons of stamps that I love - sitting in boxes. Now those are the expensive stamps. Obviously, there is no perfect stamp collection for every person.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

:hijack: Speaking of stamps, I'm going through all my wood mounted stamps including Club Scrap and getting rid of all the ones I won't/haven't used and unmounting the ones I can see myself using. I'm not even going to ask if anyone wants them, there is a woman in our county who takes any craft/art supplies so she is getting them. Most of the ones I've looked at are from 2004 so it's time to let them go!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Marianne I have probably sold off two thirds of my WM and UM CS collection of stamps as well as other companies'. I've been lucky that my LSS has a garage sale each year. People line up to see my stamps and buy them. They were priced to sell and it really cleared out a huge chunk of my craft room. I felt so good moving out craft supplies that I no longer use and making room for new stuff. :lol: Like monthly stamp kits from Unity, TSOL, SSS... :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

You're lucky, Farley, that you still have an LSS and that they do the garage sales.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Pam, you have an excellent point!!!
The really expensive stamp is the one I do not use.
Amortizing the cost really displays that rule. My really inky stamps cost less to me than those pristine clean stamps in my stash.

Am I making sense? Hubby says I shouldn't use that "quarter" word "amortizing" in this discussion. But I think you know what I mean.

I can't wait to see the next step in Ali's business plan. I think you all know I'm still slogging my way through Hello Story. And also bought Yesterday & Today but haven't started it yet.