2 online classes that are tempting me

Got one? Know of a good one?
mpizzazz

Re: 2 online classes that are tempting me

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote: -probably worth it just to get the files!
I read the fine print and she said she will be selling the cut files separately in her shop. That's all I'm interested in.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Same here (about the Wilna files).

As for the Shimelle class - I'm still on the fence about why the other videos don't appeal to me. It very well could be that I don't want to be forced out of my comfort zone.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Hmmm, I've just now read this thread. Read your first post Pam, thought 'oh yeah, I wanted to sign up for that', headed to Shimelle's blog and paid, then came back and read the rest of the posts. Hope I'm not as disappointed as you seem to be; I, too, have often thought her classes were the best value around. At first I thought she gave it away by telling us the inspiration sources in her email blurb, but then decided I needed to take the class to judge - you never know what you'll pick up. Hopefully now that your expectations are considerably lowered, you will feel you got something out of it in the end. I'm hoping I do.

I've taken classes from Wilna previously and quite enjoyed them, but the fact that this is projects and not pages made me decide not to; I've already got enough Christmas projects on my plate without adding more. I always love her cut file designs, but find when I go to use them they're not always quite right for me. So then I have to change them by cutting part off, or whatever. I hate to say this, but some things are just a bit too 'sweet' for my taste.

I did do Wilna's Art Class 1 back in the 2Peas days, and also Art & Design through BPC. Rather than this Christmas class, I intend to sign up for her Art Class 2; I really like the artsy scrapbook pages I made doing her classes.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I still plan to take Wilna's classes. She does enough mixed media on her pages to make me feel like I get "enough" paint on me (and everywhere around me) without having to keep up with an art journal or make more projects. I do love her teaching style.
In Shimelle's workshop, one of the instructors uses one of Wilna's cut files for her page (drawing a blank on her name right now). It's very similar to one she did on her blog weeks ago. Now that I have my Silhouette up and running, I might give it a go.
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I have really enjoyed watching Shimelle's classes. This is sort like video 1 and 2 and our sketch challenge. A little of all....
Attachments
11-22-2014-2.jpg
11-22-2014-2.jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Very nicely done, Laurie.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes. Very sweet layout. Love the layering of pattern paper.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very nice Laurie! The concept of using colors in your photos for the layout might be "new" to you but you're doing a great job with it!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Laurie!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I like how well grounded everything is and how my eyes move around and around the big mat.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Thanks everyone. I am so enjoying myself. It has been so long. Going to Steven and Jenni's this week for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping we can scrap some there. If not, I will take pictures for sure.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm poking around internet looking at classes and such and wanted some feedback on the Shimelle classes offered. The one I'm eyeing is called True Stories. Anyone take that one?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica - if you do sign up, let me know what you think.
I'm considering her Christmas class. It's another one that you have on-going access to. It's a bit pricey for the risk I'd be taking. I didn't follow through with her Learn Something New Everyday class and I wonder if I'd do this one? I don't think it's pricey for what you get though.
Pam Cook #48