Blog?

Got one? Know of a good one?
Laurie

Blog?

Post by Laurie »

Do you have a blog? Why? I ask because I have been thinking about one, but not really sure if I have time to keep up with it.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Re: Blog?

Post by pamcook »

I started one and find it to be a waste of time for me. No time to maintain it.
Some sites require you have one to link your artwork to (if you're posting layouts/artwork to their sites).
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I have one and all the layouts I make that I don't post anywhere go on it. My family can check it out when ever they want.
I also do some blog hops. I've had it for over 5 yrs.

Sometimes I post regular then sometimes I don't.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have one, but without going and looking I can't tell you the last time I posted anything! :lol: Too many other things that need my attention and I can never seem to keep it active.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yes, I also have one. I post about once a week. Mainly I use it for linking up to other challenges in order to post my cards. Funny, I just now posted the PAO Card Sketch on it. I like going back over old cards and LOs I have posted over the years. It's kind of another way to "scrap" I think.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I have one…being part of a design team or educator I needed to have one.

I post quite a lot--tutorials, projects, and lots of up close pics of pieces etc.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I used to have one for crafting but it was ages ago and I think it is gone now. I did start one for genealogy but haven't kept it up for the past couple of months. Guess I do need to go in and add an article so it won't go away.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

As Farley said, the main reason I keep mine up is for linking in challenges. And to keep a record of things I've made. For my own review. Spent some time recently looking at last years Christmas cards. It's a good way to come up with a game plan for the cards I want to make this year. I actually like some of them.
:lol:
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

they won't go away unless you delete it
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I've tried starting a blog a couple different times, but I can't keep up with it. For starters, I just don't have anything that interesting to say. LOL. Having a job in IT, keeping up with a blog just feels like work.

Now, if I had some sort of theme and the blog could be used to run ads, it might be a different story. I know serious money can be made by running ads on blogs, but that requires having lots of followers, and having lots of content that can be crawled by search engines. And I simply don't have that kind of dedication.

One of the things I'd love to be able to do is have a family travel blog. We do travel a lot, and I spend a significant chunk of time researching new places to go. So I think that might be interesting. But again, it requires dedication to post enough to get a significant following. So I doubt it will ever happen unless I decide to quit my day job. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I have one, although I don't keep up with it as much as I'd like to! I get into the swing once a year, then I slack ... :mrgreen:
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio