Holiday Card Workshop 2014 (OCC)

Got one? Know of a good one?
ScrappinJen

Holiday Card Workshop 2014 (OCC)

Post by ScrappinJen »

Did anyone take this recent class from Jennifer McGuire, etal, at Onlinecardclasses.com?

Nancy and I took advantage of the recent Cyber Monday sale (or was it Black Friday?) to join in. Working through it along with my holiday cards so I thought I'd post a few here when they are finished.

Anyone else want to show us what you made?
jmp1022

Re: Holiday Card Workshop 2014 (OCC)

Post by jmp1022 »

I thought about it but then forgot
I guess short attention span :geek:
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

I also purchased it during the recent sale, but am not sure when I'll get to it. I'm in the throes of the last several chapters of my story, so I may use the class to create New Year's or Valentine's cards! :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It this the current holiday card class or one from a previous year? Looking forward to seeing your A+ cards.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Excellent idea, Monica. I was thinking the same idea. Use the techniques as inspiration for other themes.

This class I'm doing now is the one for 2014. I also have 2012 in my arsenal. I would say this thread could be for any holiday cards made using the lessons from any year's Holiday Class from OCC.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This card is my version of the Day One assignment. Kristina Werner created an adorable card using texture paste and a falling snow stencil. I had neither one of those items so I used an old tool from my stash, the Provo Craft shape punch of a star. I made my own stencil just using card stock and applied Dreamweaver metallic gold embossing paste to create the stars. I'm happy with the results, using items I already had on hand.

I also did not have a round stamp like Kristina used. So I decided to paper piece with a die set I purchased last year and never used. The little igloo is from Impression Obsession. The penguin was cobbled together using parts from the penguin in the same die set as well as my standby, the Stampin' Up! Owl punch. Oh, and the old Santa hat from Quickutz. Man, there's a lot of old stuff going on here.

I don't like to have my twine wrapped around the card so I just used red paper strips to set off the main panel. The Merry die cut word is a RAK from my good Squirrley friend Nancy. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.76 KiB) Viewed 306 times
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

that is adorable
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is so cute and a great use of old tools!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Jen this is sensational! You get an A+ for creativity, ingenuity and using what you have. Well done!

Well since I have several older holiday OCC in my stash I'll take a look at one of the lessons and see what I can come up with. I like Monica's idea also for New Years and Valentine's Day.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cute Jen!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO