Free classes on scrapbook.com

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Re: Free classes on scrapbook.com

Post by pamcook »

Trixie wrote:I would like to bump up this discussion. I just spent the weekend rearranging my whole house. I moved the family room stuff to the living room, rearranged the kitchen, and moved the scrap stuff to the family room. It looks like a bomb went off. I am struggling to organize all my papercrafting material. I am watching the class Pam mentions, but in practice I am struggling. I can't seem to throw much away. How do you get to the point where you can let stuff go? I have paper that is over 10 years old, but it is really pretty. :) I have older paper I bought to scrap a specific event, but I still have the photos and would use it... :? You get my drift? I keep talking myself out of it. I don't know why because what I discard I bring to the library. If I change my mind it would probably still be here waiting for someone to use it. This is an older topic. Did you guys finish your purging and organizing? Did you discover the secret? I haven't crafted much in the past few years and I know it is because I have too much stuff. All the decisions overwhelm me. I am open to any suggestions.

Judy
Just read an older post on a blog where the woman said she has a "must use or must donate" box (something to that effect). I'm going to set one up next to my desk. Every time I make a layout, I must use something from it or pull out one thing to donate if I don't. We'll see how this goes! Keeping a zip lock bag of scraps next to my desk is working for me. I can't tell you the last time I created a layout without using something from it.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I went shopping in my room last night.... pulled out anything that would pertain to floral gardens or the zoo... I've got lots of those photos to scrap. I may wind up having to create (egads!) embellishments for some of the floral things... tons of photos and not tons of embellishments... amazing.

So - we'll see how all that goes. I have plenty of Prima flowers I can add along the way. So tonight I start the page planning!!

I have a large tote full of stickers, etc. I think once I get through some of these photo stacks, I'll be able to get rid of the tote and have a manageable amount of stickers left. All the embellishment collecting is finally paying off... that's why I bought all that stuff to start with... so I'd have it once I started working with those photos.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I have to wade through my room to put everything away
Then I'll start
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO