Free classes on scrapbook.com

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Free classes on scrapbook.com

Post by pamcook »

Scrapbook.com has posted several free classes. Free is good, right?
I find that classes get my out of my crafting slump faster than anything.
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Re: Free classes on scrapbook.com

Post by Laurie »

I'll have to try one. I'll check it out.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've gone through part of the one on organizing. It's the best I've ever seen on the subject (not that I've paid for organizing classes...).
As I've made notes, I'm realizing I still have entirely too much stuff for the little space I have. That's the story of my whole household!
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote: As I've made notes, I'm realizing I still have entirely too much stuff for the little space I have. That's the story of my whole household!

ditto...AND I have a big house!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Now if I had the motivation to get started...
I have stamps in 3 different places - need to gather them and my embossing supplies to have them all in one place.
I have paper in 3 different places - cardstock separated into color in a tall shelf, paper still in kits I haven't opened (or have partially used), and paper on the shelf in my storage closet. Somehow, I want to get all my paper in one area.
I plan to stop storing "extras" at the desk where I work. That area is tiny and it should be for the stuff I use every time I sit down to create a page.
My system of dealing with scraps really isn't working for me - still brainstorming about that issue.
The last major project I thought of was purging my Scrapracks and combining them into one. I can't tell you how many times in the last year I've declared that I would actually do this (and I've made progress) but, looking over the past year, I rarely take things from it anymore. Time to send some supplies out and use that space more efficiently.

When it comes to getting organized, I realize it's an ongoing process but, when I get started, it's difficult to stay motivated and then a reason comes along that I have to just stash the remainder quickly - and there goes my plan.

Baby steps, right?
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

When I feel better. I go through spells hand still hurts - really bad when I try to bend it.
Hope it gets better soon
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I never get a full reorganization done. It's always start and stop and then make a mess. Right now I have a ton of things in shoe boxes because I wanted to change the big 3 tier clip thing (remember the do it yourself ones made with the shoe stand from Wallie World?) and consolidate it all on a small desk top one. Long story short, the small one keeps falling over, so I have to find a way to stabilize it. <<sigh>> I need to do another paper purge, too.

I got so much more done when everything I had could be stored in a large dress box.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I know I've said it before but I feel like I'm understanding more about what's frustrating me with my current "system". For a while, I've been on the right track. Now that I've read through most of it, I hope to start implementing some ideas this weekend. So far, I don't see the need to buy more bins or storage containers. Lord knows I have enough boxes and baskets around the house to contain a warehouse full of supplies!

My #1 goal is to follow through. I want to start with the "buy a new chair and paint my sewing cabinet" but there's a few things I need to do first (interestingly enough)!

Pam, I'm with you. I do get more done with fewer supplies. I'm also finding that I do better with kits than trying to pull things together as I go. When I sit down to scrapbook, I can work more efficiently if I either pull out one of my Hip Kits or pull together a home-made kit before starting.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maybe the secret is to make kits while sorting/purging. There were some things that I had put aside for the RAK box, but then noticed that they looked great together. Sometimes you just need a fresh look at what you have. It's just hard to do that when you have SO MUCH STUFF! :lol:
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:Maybe the secret is to make kits while sorting/purging. There were some things that I had put aside for the RAK box, but then noticed that they looked great together. Sometimes you just need a fresh look at what you have. It's just hard to do that when you have SO MUCH STUFF! :lol:
That's a great idea, Pam! I often find that I am happier with my paper choices and they are more interesting if they are somewhat serendipitous. By that I mean what you said, I see some random papers laying on top of each other and they look good together and something I wouldn't normally choose. Because you all know, my paper choices usually follow the colors in the photos closely.

You'll need to figure out a way to get that fresh look without pulling stuff out to purge. I know what would help me is to not pull out every paper of a specific color that I own but to make a quick decision from the first 2 or 3 papers. Trouble is picking the colors is about my favorite part of the whole process. :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm with you, Marianne. I'm very color oriented which is why I broke down all of the kits. Now I'm finding that if I already have all of the coordinating pieces together, they generally trigger a memory of what else have. Then I can finish quicker and end up adding a few extras from my stash. And using up that stash before it's 10 years old is a win for me.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Ahhh...colors...I know that my love of color is why I love scrapbooking and quilting. Yes, my fabric collection would equal my paper collection if I let myself start buying fabric again! Sometimes I take out a color section of my cardstock & papers to just sort through them, and rearrange them (pale yellow, bright yellow, dark yellow, muted yellow). All in the name of trying to make it easier to find what I'm searching for. I must get an endorphin rush or something!

Pam, I do remember the stir you created when you broke up your kits. OMG. Such sacrilege (sp?).
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Must have been a Tawanda moment when I did that. :lol:

Some people don't seem to understand that it's just paper and there's always more - newer, more original, and trendier.
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

And, don't forget, besides the color there is fondling the paper!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

In all honesty, I can truly say that I never fondled the paper. I do, however, admit to sniffing the rubber when I purchase a sheet of labels, but only if it smells weird. ;)
Pam P.