Free classes on scrapbook.com

Got one? Know of a good one?
pbp908

Re: Free classes on scrapbook.com

Post by pbp908 »

I'm in the middle of yet another reorganization. Mostly because I got tired of it all being in shoe boxes on the floor.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I now spend more time on organizing and thinking about organizing than I do on shopping. For me, that's progress!

Do you love it? Will you use it? Then keep it. If you have a split second to answer that question, then the answer is no and you can set it free. Honestly, I'm still purging but I've made huge progress. I get more done when I have less. I'm learning that I can appreciate something without having to own it - and that's HUGE for me. Another thing you can do is have a box of stuff that you just might consider getting rid of. If you haven't used anything in it in a certain amount of time, get rid of it. Or, what if you had a set of supplies to take to the library for general use? That way you'd still have access to it if you really needed it?

Good luck - it's a process...
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Once this thread reappeared, I decided to go over there and check out a class. Since I often use sketches, I thought I'd sign up for Becky Fleck's class about getting more out of Page Maps. Now, I'm not sure I can finish listening to it because I cringe every time she mis-pronounces the word "ephemera." Maybe I'll turn it into a drinking game and have a sip every time she says it.

She's giving some good ideas... not anything we haven't thought of already - because we're all super-duper scrapbookers. But... so far she's talked about just loosening up the idea of the sketch... and rotating or flipping the sketch to serve your purpose.

I'll check out some of the other classes before they change their minds and start charging for them... :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

How does she say it?

Snort.

Ali Edwards used to mispronounce "albums." Made my skin crawl. She has fixed it.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

ef - em - ER - a

maybe I should send her to the Google search page for it.... even has a pronunciation audio file... :-)

wouldn't be bad if it was just one time... but she repeatedly says it in these videos and she's not even using ephemera... she's using someone's line of sticker embellishments
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Now we are all going to have to go listen to it, Debi :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I DID go listen to a bit of the different classes, but never heard her say the word. :?

Now, how in the world do you mess up the word ALBUMS? :?

Makes me think of our English friend who would pronounce municipal as "mu ni cip al"
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

She used to say ALBLUMS.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Oh, this is too funny - thanks for the laughs, ladies. I wonder if Becky Fleck every visited a place called EphemERa - you know, the way the artist colony in New Mexico is called MADrid? But Alblums? Really?

I agree with Pam; if you still like it, keep it. Trixie, when you get to those papers you bought for a specific purpose make a page kit; if you don't want to do that right then, perhaps it's time to let them go. There will always be more paper if and when you ever do want to scrap those photos. I've definitely kept stuff for years because I once had a plan for it, and then realized that whatever that page/project was is not important to me anymore.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Am I blind? Or blond (as I just accidentally typed)?
What is the puzzle paper she keeps mentioning?
And why does she call those squares banners?

Am I missing something?

I've always been a huge fan of hers and I have several of her books, etc.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

ScrappinJen wrote:Am I blind? Or blond (as I just accidentally typed)?

Am I missing something?

The puzzle paper is a 2 sided piece with Soduko (sp?) games on one side.
I'm not sure about the banners...but they were preprinted on a sheet with other images, and then she die cut them even smaller. Go figure. Her designs are a bit busy for me...but that's why we're all different.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Am I blind? Or blond (as I just accidentally typed)?

Am I missing something?

You're not blind - it's horrible lighting. I wouldn't have noticed the Sudoku (sp?) pattern if Pat hadn't pointed it out. Not sure if she couldn't say the word or why she called it puzzle instead. Some of the squares have banner strips printed on them but it's very hard to see. I'm watching on a very large monitor or I never would have seen them.

Have any of you ever had patterned paper crack when you fold it? Maybe because I live in a more humid region, I've never had it happen.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've started the official "Pick on Becky Fleck" thread.... LOL

And... nope... my paper doesn't crack... but I have a little humidity here...

I do remember looking at one of my early early Creating Keepsakes magazines and noticing that this person who was scrapping photos of the chickens on the farm actually used chicken wire on her layout.... hope she never moves to a humid location.... heck... even paper clips rust out here :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Aw, I don't want to pick on Becky. I'm just so literal I was looking for old skool puzzle pieces.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got a fun layout in my Florida vacation scrapbook with Where's Waldo puzzle pieces in it!! Definitely literal, there.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts