Shimelle's new class

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Re: Shimelle's new class

Post by pamcook »

My first layout from the class using Shimelle's first collection and some Heidi Swapp embellishments (because they were on my desk).
I love that these designs are so versatile. I know I'll use them over and over again.
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG (173.09 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This is great Pam! Great papers and colors too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

So what are you learning, Pam? I haven't joined yet.

I like your layout. I bought that paper and made all my Perfect collection layouts with it. I need to get photos on those darn pages.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love that one Pam.

I joined but haven't yet received anything except the receipt.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This sketch (the first one) is about using your embellishments in a diagonal format along with papers with horizontal designs. You know Shimelle, she explains design theory so well. I feel like I'm learning everything for the first time.
Here's another page I just did using the same design. Papers with large printed designs like this freak me out a bit. I love them and then I'm afraid to use them.
These supplies are a few years old from MME. Who know how long I've had the black glitter embellishments? 5+ years at least.
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG (238.47 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

troublesmom wrote:Love that one Pam.

I joined but haven't yet received anything except the receipt.
Have you taken any of her classes before? If you have, check the forum (shimelle.com/forum) to see if the class is showing up in your profile. If this is your first, she'll send you an email with your log on information. It typically takes 24 hours for her to get you signed in.

Email her if its been more than 24 hours though.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cool one, Pam. And good on you for using old stuff. I'm trying to focus on using vs hoarding. Bad habit of mine.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Without my glasses and on a cell phone screen, the kitchen light reflecting on the fridge in the side by side photos look like eyes. Spookiness, indeed!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I see it, too, Pam. Spooky!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Even with glasses and a laptop screen, they do look like eyes, Pam! Cool! You are so brave using those big embellishments. I really like the poison bottles, etc.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

nothing in my mailbox yet... but it was yesterday afternoon when I signed up so I'll wait...

something like this will be perfect timing... I've laid out all the "page kits" for the rest of the FL vacation layouts.... just the basics: paper, photos, diecuts ... I've got the stack of thickers ready.... and brads, dots, ink, etc. And... I've recently printed out a bunch of page sketches (some of Shimelle's too) and I started a book (it's a blank journal) for keeping notes on challenges and sketches that I like... so I'll have that handy while watching the class, too.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

kids at beach
I can listen this morning
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Even with glasses and a laptop screen, they do look like eyes, Pam! Cool! You are so brave using those big embellishments. I really like the poison bottles, etc.
Ha! I'm not sure being brave has much to do with it. Shimelle says do it, so I do! :P
I loved that paper collection - the orange glitter is amazing IRL. The poison bottles were obviously printed on the paper but I did layer some pink paislee rub-ons over them. Some you can see and some you can't but they look better on the page than they did gathering dust in my stash.

In Shimelle's first video, she talks about what she does when a product order arrives. Vastly different from what I do! I leave everything in the bag and file it with my other stuff. Sad but true. Tonight I'm going to pull together a similar kit based on the papers I bought at the beach (those from SA) and get some pages done!
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

these pages are fantastic Pam! I've yet to log into class... soon!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Even with glasses and a laptop screen, they do look like eyes, Pam! Cool! You are so brave using those big embellishments. I really like the poison bottles, etc.
Ha! I'm not sure being brave has much to do with it. Shimelle says do it, so I do! :P
I loved that paper collection - the orange glitter is amazing IRL. The poison bottles were obviously printed on the paper but I did layer some pink paislee rub-ons over them. Some you can see and some you can't but they look better on the page than they did gathering dust in my stash.

In Shimelle's first video, she talks about what she does when a product order arrives. Vastly different from what I do! I leave everything in the bag and file it with my other stuff. Sad but true. Tonight I'm going to pull together a similar kit based on the papers I bought at the beach (those from SA) and get some pages done!
Oops, it wasn't obvious to me. I thought the poison bottles etc in that corner were embellies you added.... :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com