Shimelle's new class

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Re: Shimelle's new class

Post by pamcook »

Nope - putting those bottles there would be way more clever idea than I could ever think of! In fact, they're the reason that paper was still in my stash. The designs in the two opposite corners had me stumped until I reviewed Shimelle's class. Diagonal designs are nothing new by any means, but for some reason, it finally clicked. I just needed to make them part of the page design instead of fighting against them. When I layered the brads over the image and then added the rub-on, I felt like it moved into the background where I wanted it. Very proud of my thought process with this page.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Great way to think about using those papers with the designs in the corners. And layering on top to push them back. Are you uploading these to the class forum?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I did upload them last night.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Terrific LO Pam! I like that diagonal happening and those black glittery letters remind me of that chewy, sugary candy from childhood...don't remember what we called them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Great layouts, Pam!

I'm watching my first class!! Yep, got the email this evening. So, now I'm learning!!

I'm also relaxing with my foot propped up. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I didn't want to be left out, so I signed up, too. Waiting for my email... This will be my first Shimelle class.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I like this rather than a long workshop. 3 videos with good solid design instructions.

Just finished the first one. Might see if I can do a page tonight...if Chevie will let me. LOL
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Okay I hate to be dumb but how do you get to the class. I'm signed in changed passwords but have no clue how to get to the class. I think I just found it.
Probably won't watch until tomorrow.
nchoney wrote:Great layouts, Pam!

I'm watching my first class!! Yep, got the email this evening. So, now I'm learning!!

I'm also relaxing with my foot propped up. :-)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Once I logged in, to that forum link, I wound up on a page with Forums listed. They're actually the class titles.

BTW, that's the same forum type website as this. :-)

Ready Set Scrapbook is in the forum list so just click on it once you're there.

Clear as mud, right?
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay. I'm in.

Leaving in the morning for a short road trip with my Mom and niece from Kentucky and Ohio, respectively, so I'm thinking I will fall off the coloring wagon. But I can watch these class materials in the motel room in the evening so I will be learning something. I'll pick up with the coloring when my guests are gone.

Can't wait til I have access to the classroom. It's 6:24 AM for Shimelle. Maybe she'll process my entry when Wonder Boy takes his nap.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

They're good videos.... hoping I'll get to do a little scrapping tonight... I did get one page done last night - but I need to make way more headway than that or I'll never get things moving forward again.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am working on 2 different pages but let me tell you in MHO this is much harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I just have too much stuff to go through but It is taking me forever and I'm not happy with either one. I may go back to my genealogy for another day or two.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:I am working on 2 different pages but let me tell you in MHO this is much harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I just have too much stuff to go through but It is taking me forever and I'm not happy with either one. I may go back to my genealogy for another day or two.
I always find that if I haven't scrapped for a long time, it takes awhile to get back in the groove. Maybe that is what is happening with you, Cheryl. I'd like to choose some photos and make up a kit similar to Shimelle's kit so it limits my choices.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pam - Love the way you took "old" and made it "new." The supplies may have been from several years ago but they look fresh.

Once I'm past graduation this weekend, I may have to sign up for the class. You guys still know how to enable and I need something to kick me in the rear and get the creative juices flowing.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:Pam - Love the way you took "old" and made it "new." The supplies may have been from several years ago but they look fresh.

Once I'm past graduation this weekend, I may have to sign up for the class. You guys still know how to enable and I need something to kick me in the rear and get the creative juices flowing.
I hope you do like it. It's just the three videos and a .pdf file but I feel like I got more from this than several other instructor classes put together. Yes, everyone learns differently, but somehow, her style of teaching clicks with my brain.
Pam Cook #48