Journal Your Christmas 2015

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Journal Your Christmas 2015

Post by pamcook »

I asked Shimelle if she was pulling together a kit for 2016. She said its in the manufacturing process right now.
I have sweat running down my back and thinking about Christmas.

This was such a fun, low stress project last year. Looking forward to it again. Once you buy the class, you have access to each consecutive year. I know Marianne has done it more than one year. Thinking of a smaller format so Mia can join in when they're here.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Journal Your Christmas 2016

Post by ScrappinJen »

Is it sort of like Ali's December Daily?
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

ScrappinJen wrote:Is it sort of like Ali's December Daily?
I've never done December Daily, Jen, so I don't know how it compares. There are journaling and photography prompts every day but people skip around as it suits them and their holiday schedule. It's very flexible. Mine is here but everyone's is different. https://scrapquil.shutterfly.com/1567

Pam, are the kits still just for UK members?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love this, Marianne. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to take part in one of these classes. In my case, though, we don't celebrate Christmas in my home because I am married to Ebeneezer Scrooge. But my plan is always to journal 25 memories of Christmas, both in childhood and our early married years. Honestly, I think I just like working with Christmas product and am itching to make a book with it. Perhaps this year.

I say this every year.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm going to join in on this one too. Should be fun!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

ScrappinJen wrote:Love this, Marianne. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to take part in one of these classes. In my case, though, we don't celebrate Christmas in my home because I am married to Ebeneezer Scrooge. But my plan is always to journal 25 memories of Christmas, both in childhood and our early married years. Honestly, I think I just like working with Christmas product and am itching to make a book with it. Perhaps this year.

I say this every year.
We don't do much celebrating or decorating anymore and most years I have no interest in the Christmas hoopla. I did the Journal Your Christmas to work out how I felt about it all. I wrote about it in the introduction and talked about it on the forum. People gave me some ideas about it. I did a lot of reminiscing and documenting in my album, Jen. Not celebrating now doesn't mean you don't have memories of holidays past and feelings that are yours.

The other thing I really wanted to document is how beautiful our little town is decorated at Christmas. If nothing else worthwhile came of my album, it got me into town with my camera taking photos of all the wonderful decorations. I used many of those photos throughout the album along with images from my hometown in NJ and other stuff from online to provide an image for my stories.

So, if you like Christmas product and want an excuse to use it, Jen, do it!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

...and if you need Christmas product just holler......
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Having all the young grands that I have there is always celebrating Christmas. We alternate where we actually spend Christmas but do get to see all the little ones.

Our son & dial in Pa do a lot of decorating.

I may have to do her class this year.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I never scrapbook Christmas, but this looks interesting. Marianne, I love your album.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne your album was indeed wonderful. There are many ways to "celebrate" Christmas.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Marianne, I didn't ask about if she's going to offer the kit only in the UK - I guess I just assumed so. It never seems to be one that we can't replicate easily (because, you know, I need to shop).
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Marianne your album was indeed wonderful. There are many ways to "celebrate" Christmas.
Thanks, Judy, and thanks for all the comments, Cheryl. Yes, there are many ways to celebrate. We seem to have chosen food, friends and family and let all the rest of it go.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Ok... I just signed up.... couldn't wait til later... plus, now I'll have lots of time to look back at previous prompts and maybe even get started on the journal/scrapbook. It'll be fun to get all those stories written down.. Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I asked Mia if she was interested. She's SO excited! She wants to only do the days when they're here. Shimelle said the products for her kits will be easily found so once I see the kit, I can pull from my stash and then see what I might need.
At this point, I think I'll do the PL pages again and maybe make a small album for Mia to use. The fun part will be that she's old enough to make a lot of her own choices.
I'm glad you signed up Debi!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Not sure how I missed it before. I've got a ton of Christmas stuff. It's something Peggy buys every year so I'll be glad to be using it. It'll nudge me to get all the Christmas stuff in one big container, too. I've needed to pull it out of the regular papers and embellishments.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts