Weekend online crop March 2016

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Re: Weekend online crop March 2016

Post by pamcook »

Here's the one I finished last night. It was the map prompt. I haven't had a chance to look at today's prompts. Weekends fly by too quickly.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (129.61 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great layout Pam. I love your gift of clustering!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:Great layout Pam. I love your gift of clustering!
Ha! The gift of scraplifting is more like it!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh wow, wow, wow! I love your background paper...how perfect for this challenge! I really like the addition of that wood paper strips too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thank you!

This page was lifted from Sheena R. a contributor on Shimelle's blog. My photo is larger so there are fewer frames. I've had those Glimmer Mist frames for forever. It felt good to use some!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Oh my, what cute faces! They are beautiful. As is your layout.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Last one for the weekend. Zumba starts at 5 and I need to cook supper before hiding up the Hill.
The challenge was to use products from Shimelle's first collection. To really save time, I searched Pinterest and found one of her pages.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (153.66 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh Pam! They are both fantastic. Love the first kit one's colors. Good for you using up those older frames.

So drum roll...I made one!!!! Talk about luck and scrap lifting,..I chose Jo Boland's color challenge and definitely scrap lifted. But the coolest thing is that I had a totally neglected Echo Park Kit "a boy's life" that had all the colors in it! Score. I really had fun making this one photo LO. Yesterday was the birthday party for grandson's 4th and granddaughter's 2nd Their birthday's are in February and December so mom and dad just combine them. Wonder how long that is going to be acceptable to the kids? Anyway it was held outdoors at Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary. IT POURED the entire time and really was a lot of fun. I did not take very many photos. Just enough to have some scrapping fun but I preferred to be "present" and in the moment and enjoy the time with them.

I'm pretty happy with my efforts even though I totally copied Boland's LO ideas. I love the blue paper which, to me, looked like puddles of water with raindrops making circles like they do. I was also lucky that this kit had 2 sticker sheets. I was happy to use some items from my stash along with 3 PL cards. I'm exhausted! :lol:
Attachments
PAO Nathaniel Shimelle LO.jpg
PAO Nathaniel Shimelle LO.jpg (255.48 KiB) Viewed 260 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Farley! I love that page! Perfect choice.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Such a bright fun page on such a dreary day. Yikes. You must have all been SOAKED.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Such a bright fun page on such a dreary day. Yikes. You must have all been SOAKED.

Thanks Pam and Jen.

It wasn't too bad as long as you stayed under the double canopy. But the walk all the way in and out...yes, pretty soaked. The kids loved it with all their rain gear on.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Farley, your page is great. That paper line is perfect with your photo, which is adorable. And you get extra points for having scrapped the photo within 24 hours, well done!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam, you've been very productive with this crop; nice layouts! Looking at bits of Shimelle's various collections I'm realizing how much I like the current one; I think I feel some Starshine in my future. I was telling Marianne (albeit maybe just in my head) that there were a couple of layouts on Shimelle's blog this weekend that I really like, that are a bit of a departure from her usual layered look. Although I wasn't scrapping during this crop, I'll be referring back to her pages this weekend when I get home and have time to scrap in a couple weeks.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are all really nice layouts. Wonderful embellishing, Pam and Farley.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks!
Keitha, I really love the colors in this new collection. It wasn't easy to find what I wanted from this collection - and still would like more of it. Some online stores haven't received any of it. AC moved their warehouse to a new location which has delayed shipping to retailers but when I emailed AC to complain, they said they were having delays in getting products to the warehouse. Bad management if you ask me. The colors are richer than any of her previous collections - more blue and less green/yellow in the colors - and that could be just the way I see color, too.

I have an idea in my head for the Circle challenge. IF I have any energy left when I get home, I hope to get it done.
Pam Cook #48