Simon Says Stamps sale (4/8/2016)

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Simon Says Stamps sale (4/8/2016)

Post by pamcook »

They're offering 20% off Ranger products. Just sayin'.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Simon Says Stamps sale (4/8/2016)

Post by pbp908 »

Am I the only person who's finding the bloom is off the rose with TH stuff? I've read some bad reviews on his crayons and am really glad I got the Prima oil pastels.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I quit getting his stuff quite some time ago. Not interested at all.
pbp908 wrote:Am I the only person who's finding the bloom is off the rose with TH stuff? I've read some bad reviews on his crayons and am really glad I got the Prima oil pastels.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

You are not, I've heard others say the same thing. I did play with one of those crayons at our LSS when they first came out (she brought a demo pack home from CHA). I wasn't impressed. Can do the same or more with Gelatos and I bet those Primas too!

The crayons seem to work best if you have prepped with gesso... I don't always have time for that :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nancine wrote:You are not, I've heard others say the same thing. I did play with one of those crayons at our LSS when they first came out (she brought a demo pack home from CHA). I wasn't impressed. Can do the same or more with Gelatos and I bet those Primas too!

The crayons seem to work best if you have prepped with gesso... I don't always have time for that :lol:

same!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Ditto. I feel that Tim is in a Distress rut. His look hasn't changed in, what, 8 years? I love my distress inks but I'm loving other inks, stamps, stencils etc even more. He needs a new look or he'll be old news soon if not already. I've taken numerous classes from in in the past and learned a ton from him. But his classes got too expensive and a little to impractical for my tastes. I hate to see him burn out and hope he gets a new look going soon. He has to know that many crafters are becoming bored with his style.

I will say his birds and cats are a bit of a departure and I do like them a lot but haven't bought any as yet.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Ranger makes products for other designers - not just Tim.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yes, they do, and I have to say that I love Dyan Reavely's sprays - the colors are bold and fun. I have some of her stamps but I'm sometimes at a loss as to what to do with them. They're so quirky and my imagination doesn't easily go in that direction. :lol: I love Wendy Vecchi's sense of humor, too.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

I like Dina Wakley and her paints seem really nice.
I especially like her sketchy birds, I'm hoping to find the smaller ones at my LSS some day.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Ranger makes products for other designers - not just Tim.

You're quite right and those other artists should have their time in the spotlight too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Honestly haven't liked much of what Tim has released in a while. Still love and use my distress inks.
Pam Cook #48