Website feedback 4 me

Got one? Know of a good one?
Kellacious

Website feedback 4 me

Post by Kellacious »

I have been revamping my flute choir's website for a LONG time now. It's been so long since I started the redo that I'm going to have to relearn how I did the base page (grrr) to get the rest of the site up to snuff.

If you want to give me some feedback on my WIP (the home/members pages are how I see the rest of the site's navigation and background being), I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!

http://www.rockymtnflutechoir.org

PLEASE be gentle, I'm not very good at this sort of thing and it is a struggle for me to get what's in my brain to jive with what's computationally available LOL.

Kelli
ChrisR

Re: Website feedback 4 me

Post by ChrisR »

I really like the homepage. The colors are very pleasing to the eye. I also really like the flute on the side.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Very pretty!

What do you play? Is that a flute?
Holly

Post by Holly »

It is comfortable to the eye. That counts a lot. It has a nice clean look and is easy to navigate. You are doing well.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And I recognize that font! It's Scriptina and was the font for (I think) Nature's Wonders. Looks good, but which one is you?

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Kelli,
the only problem that I see is on the
member's page. The Hyperlinks on the
members names are a shade of blue that
is not easily seen on the purple background.
THe blue is fine on the other pages because
the background is lighter. I don't know if you
have a choice in that matter, but if you do, you
might consider a color that stands out better
on the page.
Other than that, I like the total effect of the site,
it's easy to get around and loads easily.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

Ladies,

Thanks for all the positive and honest feedback! :clap:

Elizabeth, you're quite right about the hyperlinks not showing up very well. I shall have to rectify that across the site so I won't have that problem in spades on the Links page when I finally get it converted.

The flute graphic is a picture of my own flute and it is my first attempt at mapping links. I did both the words and the keys, but I'm guessing most visitors just click on the words for the links. Maybe I should shade the keys that have the links . . .

Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and just do the blasted thing. :?

Oh, and I'll ask if anyone would click on the Concerts page. It is different from the rest and I'm running into problems with some of our group able to see the flyer graphic and some not (it's one big picture instead of how it should be; I wanted everyone to see our logo in Scriptina and most people don't have that font loaded).
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Was that the one with the nature scene,
When I first clicked, it had an X
that quickly went into the photo.
At first I thought there was a problem,
but the photo did appear.

I don't think you need the font on your computer
unless you would be trying to download the page.
I know we do not have Scriptina on this computer
at the office and I see the font fine.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

The site looks great! Very simple and professional, but elegant too.

I didn't get anything on the concerts page except the red X
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It all looks very nice to me, too! I especially like the logo with the initials and the name at the top in the Scriptina.
Like Elizabeth, on the concert page, I had the square with X and then it went into the picture. When I went back to it later, it loaded immediately. My only comment on that page would be that there needs to be a space between 2008 and 7:30. It runs together.
I found the blue links sort of jarring at the bottom of that particular page with the nature scene. But I suppose you would want that consistent throughout all the pages.

And you don't look like a wild woman at all in those photos! Great disguise!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

Marianne,

The blue links across the bottom will go away once I get it together and do the rest of the website pages like the home page and members page. The links will be the flute at the left for consistency (I hope).

The reason our logo loads on the webpage correctly is only if you have Scriptina font loaded. The home page is done with a text definition instead of a picture, so anyone who doesn't have Scriptina on their machine sees it in Times New Roman (I think) and it looks REALLY ugly.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Kelli
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I like the flute on the side also. I love the violet color, very easy on the eyes, and really pretty.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Great job Kelli! I love the colors and the flute. The concert page works for me. Beautiful flyer!