Not new but returning

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
ChrisR

Not new but returning

Post by ChrisR »

After a year of insanity, I finally feel like our family is slowly developing a new "normal" routine. For those who don't know, my oldest son, Nick, was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year just when I was starting to craft again. Needless to say, all hobbies were put away, and my time online was limited. Thank goodness for Facebook. It really helped me stay in touch. Nick is off treatment and shows no evidence of disease. He still has a long way to go. He is still being tube fed. Everything, and I do mean everything taste horrible. He has just started feeding therapy. He has started back at school part time. I have started some digi scrapping and I really need to use up my paper hoard, lol. I hope to craft at least one day a week as therapy for myself. I have started an album of Nick's journey, and I have started working on an album for Scott's 2011 photos.

I'm glad to be back, and I'll be poking around the threads now!
ChristyB

Re: Not new but returning

Post by ChristyB »

:happy94:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Nice to see you interested again in crafting!! I know your world has been more than hectic, but here is hoping all things return to normalcy soon. Give your boys a hug for us!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've been following Nick's progress on FB and through your PSL LOs. I think we've all cried for him and rejoiced with his steps forward. Now we just have to get some "me" time for you.

Welcome back home.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

So glad to see you back, Chris! :happy94:

I, too, have been following the progress on FB, I'm so glad that he's showing no signs of the disease...
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Hi Chris, nice to have you back with us. And glad to hear things are on the upside for your son and the whole family.
djenns

Post by djenns »

It's good to have you around Chris, - and like others, I've also followed things about your family on Facebook - that's quite a young man you have there - and I know it has to be challenging every day for all of you......Looking forward to seeing your layouts here
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Welcome back, Chris. I wasn't aware of all you've been going through, but I'm so glad things are getting better.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have been praying for Nick and your family since this happened. So glad to hear the good news and WELCOME BACK!!!!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Welcome Back, Chris!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I'm glad you're finding time for yourself, Chris. Welcome back!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Ditto for sure!
pbp908 wrote:I've been following Nick's progress on FB and through your PSL LOs. I think we've all cried for him and rejoiced with his steps forward. Now we just have to get some "me" time for you.

Welcome back home.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

troublesmom wrote:Ditto for sure!
pbp908 wrote:I've been following Nick's progress on FB and through your PSL LOs. I think we've all cried for him and rejoiced with his steps forward. Now we just have to get some "me" time for you.

Welcome back home.
Me three!! Welcome back!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Wow, I have some posting catching up to do, lol. Most of you have 10x the posts I have! ;)
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

So good to hear from you Chris, and happy to hear of Nick's progress...what a Blessing.
Also good to hear you are able to get some ME time in the form of creative therapy. :creating:
Hugs to all :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA