A moment of silence (happy ending!)

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

A moment of silence (happy ending!)

Post by pamcook »

It appears I've killed my ATG gun. It won't wind onto the "waste"
side any more. I've tried everything including dropping it on the floor and slamming it on my desk. Bummer. Now contemplating whether to invest in another one.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: A moment of silence

Post by mpizzazz »

Have you googled the problem, watched youtube videos, etc? Once you do that and can't fix it, then it is truly dead. :cry:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!
I remembered Nicole Jones talking about a similar problem. Tried her fix and it works!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yeah!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Re: A moment of silence (happy ending!)

Post by nchoney »

Hooray!!!
:happywave:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So glad you had a happy ending! I have to take my waste tape off about halfway through, because it doesn't wind straight, and once it gets too thick, it won't roll anymore. It's a pain, but it keeps my gun usable. I'm pretty sure it's not my gun so much as the quality of the tape. I could be wrong, but at one point I know that the waste part of the tape used to line up perfectly all the way to the end.

Pam - was this Nicole Jones thing a blog? YouTube? I'd love to see whatever you saw and see if it applies to my ATGs. I make it work, but if there's a way to make it work better, I'd love to see it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

jfugina wrote:So glad you had a happy ending! I have to take my waste tape off about halfway through, because it doesn't wind straight, and once it gets too thick, it won't roll anymore. It's a pain, but it keeps my gun usable. I'm pretty sure it's not my gun so much as the quality of the tape. I could be wrong, but at one point I know that the waste part of the tape used to line up perfectly all the way to the end.

Pam - was this Nicole Jones thing a blog? YouTube? I'd love to see whatever you saw and see if it applies to my ATGs. I make it work, but if there's a way to make it work better, I'd love to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGCJCH ... ychXwT7Auc

After moving the elliptical shaped piece from the take-up reel and moving it to the left (as she shows) I cut out a thin piece of plastic (from the lid of a semi-disposable cup) to put on the take-up reel. It's not even attached - it just sits on top. Works like a charm.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow! I didn't ever know that you could fit that holder thing on the other side, but I'm definitely going to try it. My tapes all get wobbly, and I think having this thing on the other side will make a big difference. Thanks so much for the link!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I bought that cheap tape too and I'm going to try this when I get home, it always acts like the tape is on the wrong side.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie, I've had that problem, too. It's an easy fix.
Pam Cook #48