So Frustrating

Save some $ Find out what works
pbp908

So Frustrating

Post by pbp908 »

I hate it when I watch process videos and see products that I like, and then can't find them anywhere. One website has dribs and drabs and the other has a few items, and then nowhere are the others. There's no one place that sells all of it, and the shipping would make it ridiculously expensive if that's all you want. Dang it all, I can't even indulge in retail therapy today with a relatively clear conscience.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: So Frustrating

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:I hate it when I watch process videos and see products that I like, and then can't find them anywhere. One website has dribs and drabs and the other has a few items, and then nowhere are the others. There's no one place that sells all of it, and the shipping would make it ridiculously expensive if that's all you want. Dang it all, I can't even indulge in retail therapy today with a relatively clear conscience.
I feel your pain. Anything we might be able to help you find? Some of us know of more obscure shopping sites...
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The b&w thickers and the Crate Paper Heart Day vellum that Shimelle used in the new vid. I ordered the On a Whim paper from A Cherry On Top (and several other items I really didn't need), but couldn't find the other things. There were some things I saw in a few other videos this morning that I liked, but haven't really looked for. The green and blue Amy Tangerine paper had a fresh look, and wasn't a floral, teal, pink, coral or yellow so I need it. :lol: I'm a sucker for vellum with gold accents, but I've pretty much decided to try my hand at making my own since I have tons of vellum sheets. The thickers I don't really need right now, so they can wait until I find them. I did order some ink to use with my Altenew stamps, so I may have to content myself with making that much progress this time. Next retail therapy session is in two weeks - maybe some of the new releases will be in stock by then.

Yes, I spent way more than I intended, but what else is new?? ;)
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I would try acherryontop.com, scrapbook.com, paperissues.com
Between the 3, I usually find what I need.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Try Ellen Hutson also. Their service is great.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Tried all of those except Ellen Hutson. I generally think of that site in terms of dies. Will take a look, but hope I don't find anything else I have to have.

Pam - A Cherry on Top was where I ordered from this morning.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Speaking of Crate Paper Heart Day, is anyone else other than me dismayed at all the cutsie emojis on everything? I get that they're part of the social media culture, but I really don't see using them on my scrapbook pages - at least not to the extent that the new products would suggest I should. I really like the Crate Paper Heart Day puffy heart stickers - except for the dang emojis on them. I wonder if hairspray would remove them? That's about the only Valentine's Day product I am interested in.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I detest cutsie, but it's getting to be harder and harder to avoid it. Emojis are not my thing, either, nor are gnomes, fairies, and cartoony animals. I'm also absolutely tired of florals, pinks, yellows, corals and teals.

Oh, well, this is why I'm not a designer. :lol:
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:I detest cutsie, but it's getting to be harder and harder to avoid it. Emojis are not my thing, either, nor are gnomes, fairies, and cartoony animals. I'm also absolutely tired of florals, pinks, yellows, corals and teals.

Oh, well, this is why I'm not a designer. :lol:
Maybe you guys need to keep those old kits that Pam was talking about purging on her Saturday Challenge. Bet there are no emoji in them! :tomato: And there may be some colors that existed before the pink, yellow and turquoise took over. :tomato: :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I don't think I've had a decent retail therapy session in years. I bought some stuff from scrapbook.com a few weeks ago, but it came and I was just instantly deflated at the teeny tiny box that came when I'd spent over $100. Granted, I'd bought dies, which cost a lot, but it just didn't make me as happy as I had hoped.

And it's been forever since I saw new "gotta have" paper. I still love paper, but nothing really strikes me. Probably because I already have something at least similar to everything that's already out there. :oops:

I'd love to see how your DIY vellum project goes Pam. Vellum is one of the things in my stash that I've recently re-discovered, and am trying to incorporate more. I'd love to see some fresh vellum ideas.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Julie, I'm going to add some color with ink, and try a bit of gold embossing on them. I like the way it adds a little color without killing the background paper. Hopefully I won't fry the vellum.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just remember to get your gun hot before embossing. It does help.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Hmmm. I would guess that a heat gun would melt the vellum into a shriveled little ball. But it sure will look pretty if it works!

This got me thinking though - I have a ton of vellum (in a bunch of colors) and I have a ton of texture plates/embossing folders. I'll bet the dry embossing on vellum might be an interesting effect. I need to add that to my list of things to experiment with.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Dry embossing on vellum can be gorgeous. But it can also crack the paper so go gently. CS years ago had a very pretty apple green heavy weight vellum. Blanking on the kit...a holiday one I think. It was perfect for embossing with the folders and the results were stunning.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Bazzill also makes a 40 lb. heavyweight vellum; of course that wouldn't help use what you already have. Last time I tried using a regular piece I ripped it right in two when I tried to score it to fold.