Distress Oxide Ink Playtime - Technique #2 Added

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

Distress Oxide Ink Playtime - Technique #2 Added

Post by paddlegal »

Today, at my Wednesday craft group, I finally grabbed some time to experiment with the Oxide inks. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!

I just tried one technique with them and I'm so impressed. I used watercolor paper for my base. I forgot to bring a craft sheet so I just did a direct ink pad to paper by swiping the pads onto the dry paper. I was sure that the ink would get absorbed quickly but no. After applying all the colors I had plenty of time to blend with a blending sponge and wow does it blend beautifully!

I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the colors. It stamps great too and the addition of water just adds to the depth of color. The opacity is luscious and rich. I. Am. Sold.

I'll be adding more examples of my experiments and I hope you all do too who are playing with these new inks.

I played with these 4 inks today. This first panel has all 4 colors in it. I wanted to see just how well the blending worked with so many colors. The fact that it didn't get muddy is wonderful. I did a little spattering of water to get the added texture. The hummer was colored with Inktense water color pencils and then covered with clear Wink of Stella
Attachments
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG (174.07 KiB) Viewed 524 times
IMG_2004.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG (115.3 KiB) Viewed 524 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: Distress Oxide Ink Playtime

Post by paddlegal »

Two more examples of today's playtime.

The first card I used only the two colors and then stamped directly onto it with Colorbox Licorice dye ink. I'll eventually add a sentiment and maybe some embellishment.

Second card, everything is in Oxide ink. I first stamped the image using the Oxide onto watercolor paper, let it dry well and then added and blended more Oxide directly over the stamped flower. Except for one tiny area that hadn't dried yet, it held the image well while I sponge on the background colors. I'll think of a sentiment and embellishment for this one also eventually.
Attachments
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG (107.76 KiB) Viewed 523 times
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2005.JPG (106.77 KiB) Viewed 523 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The depth of color is what amazes me about them. Who even thinks of a way to make that happen?
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Beautiful cards. The richness of the colors is wonderful.

I thought about you this morning as I rode by the lake. There were 50 or more ducks out on the water. I've never seen that many at one time at that location. I thought Farley could tell me what kind and how many because you would have probably stopped and counted them. No I didn't, just too cold.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
nancine

Post by nancine »

Gorgeous Farley, I am loving everything I've been seeing with these.
Yesterday I went home from work early with a bad head cold (which seems a bit better today) but between reading a book and a few naps :lol: I watched crafty videos! So if the darn store doesn't have those inks soon I may have to break down and order on-line!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Gorgeous card, Farley! I need to make time this weekend to play with mine some more. I'm seeing videos on Youtube and some really cool pins on Pinterest, and I'm itching to play now.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

clamscrapper wrote:Beautiful cards. The richness of the colors is wonderful.

I thought about you this morning as I rode by the lake. There were 50 or more ducks out on the water. I've never seen that many at one time at that location. I thought Farley could tell me what kind and how many because you would have probably stopped and counted them. No I didn't, just too cold.
You're absolutely right. :lol: Next time take a quick photo and send it to me.

Nancy hope you're a lot better today and you get your talented hands on some of that ink. Even Amazon won't have them until later this month. The demand is amazing for them. I ordered mine from Ellen Hutson a few weeks back. Haven't checked their availability recently. Definitely want more...no, all the colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Simon Says Stamp still has almost all the colors as of today. I bought a few from Blue Moon Scrapbooking, but it looks like they are sold out. Guess I managed to get in on this at the right time to snag all the colors! Blitsy has them as well; they are where I bought the remainder of mine.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Thank you Monica! I have ordered 8 from Blitsy and got free shipping too! They are to arrive on the 22nd, can't wait!
Monica

Post by Monica »

nancine wrote:Thank you Monica! I have ordered 8 from Blitsy and got free shipping too! They are to arrive on the 22nd, can't wait!
No problem! Happy to enable! :lol: :enabler:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Technique #2:

This time on watercolor paper I first swiped ink pads on a craft sheet, spritzed with water and then dragged paper through the wet ink. I alternated swiping and drying with a heat gun, adding more color. This method seems to make a softer color mix. The tag was sponged with what remained on applicators. Don't want to waste anything.

The coffee panel was stamped with SSS black dye ink and then colored with pencils. The SU swirls and kites were also stamped in Oxide ink.

I love my colors but I really need to add a few more. A blue, green and red would be nice.
Attachments
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG (136.26 KiB) Viewed 492 times
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG (170.63 KiB) Viewed 492 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Re: Distress Oxide Ink Playtime - Technique #2 Added

Post by Keitha »

Great examples Farley. After seeing a few examples online I went ahead and ordered all the colours; can't wait to get them.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Where did you order yours from Keitha?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Where did you order yours from Keitha?

i have the remaining 8 I "need" in a Blitsy cart.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow! These are all fantastic. Guess, I know what my next order of inks is going to be. :lol: