White Ink Pens and Markers

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

White Ink Pens and Markers

Post by paddlegal »

We have discussed this many times about what is the best gel pen or marker for white inks and I thought many of you may be interested still in finding the perfect white ink pen/marker. Well here's a link to Kristina Werner's latest comparison video. I am intrigued by the Jet Pen White Ink Sampler she uses. I may need to try that out myself for my own comparison.

http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=17695
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Re: White Ink Pens and Markers

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Farley, I'll definitely check out that video. And here's an a-ha moment I had that I'll share: in the same way that white ink pads don't stay usable for very long - at least not in my experience - I've decided that any white paint or gel pen has a pretty short shelf life. Not sure what's in the white ink that contributes to that, but I usually don't have a problem when my pens are brand new; it's only after I've had them awhile that they don't work.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:Thanks Farley, I'll definitely check out that video. And here's an a-ha moment I had that I'll share: in the same way that white ink pads don't stay usable for very long - at least not in my experience - I've decided that any white paint or gel pen has a pretty short shelf life. Not sure what's in the white ink that contributes to that, but I usually don't have a problem when my pens are brand new; it's only after I've had them awhile that they don't work.
Same here. If it's a gel type white pen and hasn't been used for several months/years, it doesn't work. The Sharpie types with a nib usually keep working. Maybe I'll come across some Posca Pens while I'm here. I don't think they are easy to find in The States except online.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I fell down the "JetPens" hole and was quite fascinated with their huge selection of pens and pencils too. And yes, I ordered the white marker/pen sampler set plus a few other things. There must be something about the heavy pigment needed for white ink to work that clogs those pens up...makes sense.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ali Edwards uses Posca and she gets them from Amazon.