Pick a Card, Any Card

ScrappinJen

Re: Pick a Card, Any Card

Post by ScrappinJen »

Fantastic, Pat. Love the layout and the mural. Guess I need to add Lafayette to the list on my next trip home. If ever...
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Still working on my card decks and loving every minute of it. This layout uses Raku from Club Scrap. The moment I laid eyes on these papers, I knew I would use most of them for layouts about the ocean and abalone. These photos cover a feast we had on our last visit to the Coast house. Ah-baloney, is what I say. But this paper was too gorgeous to make a pun. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
CS 4ofDiamonds Abalone Feast.jpg
CS 4ofDiamonds Abalone Feast.jpg (165.66 KiB) Viewed 239 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh! Raku is just the colors of the inside of that shell! Luscious, gorgeous LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

love those colors
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful artwork in this thread! The cards are lovely Nancy!
Pat, I love that you made a layout of the "street art". It's so pretty!
Jen - you chose the perfect kit for those photos! Love it!
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

ah baloney - that is gorgeous Jen!

Here are my two layouts using the two different cards from Deck 1 & 2. Trying to finish up my Tahoe trip and use the Transformations paper, most of it on the "B Side" since bamboo and Asian symbols just don't work for this subject, :lol:
Attachments
Steps!.JPG
Steps!.JPG (126.96 KiB) Viewed 224 times
CalaweeCove.JPG
CalaweeCove.JPG (115.92 KiB) Viewed 224 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nancy - :clap:
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh gosh Nancy! Your choice of papers for your stunner photos are perfect! After seeing that gorgeous, clean clear water I want to go back and kayak there again. There's just nothing like the colors of Lake Tahoe and your LOs really show it off.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are stunning layouts! What is the tower thing on the right top page?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

mpizzazz wrote:Those are stunning layouts! What is the tower thing on the right top page?
That is the Rubicon Point Lighthouse - built in 1916 and in operation for only a short time. At 6,300 feet above sea level it is the highest elevation lighthouse in the USA. Mistaken for an outhouse by many, now being taken care of by a group of folks before it falls apart! Apparently it was very costly to maintain but it's light could be see from all over the lake.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These layouts are gorgeous, Nancy, and again I'm pleasantly surprised by how well that kit works with your photos. Think I can use it for lakes Natoma and Folsom?

I was very happy with this card challenge this month. Thanks to all for your supportive feedback.
nancine

Post by nancine »

ScrappinJen wrote:These layouts are gorgeous, Nancy, and again I'm pleasantly surprised by how well that kit works with your photos. Think I can use it for lakes Natoma and Folsom?

I was very happy with this card challenge this month. Thanks to all for your supportive feedback.

Yes - flip the paper over if needed. Or when it's cut into mats or small pieces it works fine!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nancine wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Those are stunning layouts! What is the tower thing on the right top page?
That is the Rubicon Point Lighthouse - built in 1916 and in operation for only a short time. At 6,300 feet above sea level it is the highest elevation lighthouse in the USA. Mistaken for an outhouse by many, now being taken care of by a group of folks before it falls apart! Apparently it was very costly to maintain but it's light could be see from all over the lake.
Wow, thanks, Nancy!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

It's the Five of Spades this month and I have a couple of layouts finished. Here is the first one. I had to have that Simply Avant kit and then once it arrived, I was stumped on how to use it. A bit busy. I may manage to kill it off this week. Yay!

Photos of my niece and her recent foray into Ultimate Frisbee. Who knew? I think the activity fits the papers. I am amazed that I'm scrapping a sport on something non-sport related. Maybe some day I can regularly scrap out of theme. Probably not.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Simply Avant Ultimate.jpg
Simply Avant Ultimate.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 189 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Now looking at this on screen, I'm thinking I will trim a half inch off the right side and mount it on a black base. Might make that black pop a bit more. And calm down the edges??? What do you think?