Pick a Card, Any Card

ScrappinJen

Pick a Card, Any Card

Post by ScrappinJen »

Club Scrap has a new monthly challenge using the Idea Decks we all just had to have. This is a timely challenge because I think I have finally figured out that I am most comfortable with the CS method of ALSB scrapping with sketches. It just seems to come naturally to me and 90% of the time, I am completely happy with my layouts. So I think I'll stick with it for the time being.

Anyway, the first challenge was to use the Four of Diamonds. I got right on this challenge which supported many of my current goals. One is to finish that darn South Dakota scrapbook. Two is to use up my old hoarded kits. Three is to use the card decks.

So this is a layout about Begging Burros in Custer State Park. I had to search far and wide to find a sticker sheet in my stash with three G's. This is an oldie. I also used wood veneers from my stash. The rest is all Road Trip. One of my faves. The old Jenni would not use that precious on burros. But the new Jenni says, hey, use it up. There's always a new favorite kit. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
4 Diamonds Begging Burros.jpg
4 Diamonds Begging Burros.jpg (212.27 KiB) Viewed 678 times
paddlegal

Re: Pick a Card, Any Card

Post by paddlegal »

I Would never have scrapped at all if it hadn't been for ALSB. If something works every time, keep it up. Your pages look terrific and you're getting the job done to boot.

Once in awhile I like going through the cards for card making too. It realy is a great way to use up the stash.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Looking great Jennifer. I feel the same as you as far as ALSB. Most of the time it works, may just move a few things around but it gets me started.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Great layout Jennifer.

I prefer to have my layouts more clean and simple, as well. I'm not so comfortable on figuring what pattern paper goes with what, and then the embellies...yikes. I sure do admire those who have that ability to mix and match and embellish. But...if I have a color example, I can copy it quite well. ;)

Here's my take on the same challenge.

September 2014.  Apple picking with Oliver and the family.
September 2014. Apple picking with Oliver and the family.
rsz_dscn1151 (1).jpg (239.51 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Really cute Pat!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nice pages!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sweet LO Pat.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Nice pages Jen and Pat! And if course I have to ask about the CS Idea Decks. You mention the 4 of Diamonds, so I'm assuming it's based on a deck of cards? Is it as simple as a different challenge for each card? I can't figure out what the callenge is, based on your layouts. I'm asking because while I don't scrap CS, I might have something similar here that I could do my own version of a deck challenge with. Like those calendar decks that were a sketch a day or something - I think I bought those for at least 3 years. I should probably go through them and keep the sketches I like and toss the rest.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks ladies.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Nice to see those old kits being used, Jen and Pat.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Keitha...CS has assembly line directions for cards and layouts that come in tins with 52 cards each. Each card has a specific cutting diagram. This month they chose the 4 of diamonds. You can use any deck you like, cards or layouts. Hope that helps.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes. Thanks for the kind comments. You can post anything from a sketch, if you want, Keitha. I'm so happy Pat joined in.

Club Scrap has Total of five decks. Two for layouts. Two for cards and the last one is a mix of both. I have three decks. I'm sure we'll see from Nancy before the month is out. It's just a challenge to get us to use our decks. And to see how the results can look very different, person to person.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Still with layouts from the Four of Diamonds. This is a different deck. Farley, I must ask you to avert your eyes. The poor quality of these bird photos has me embarrassed to even scrap them. They don't compare to the gorgeous photos you take with that ginormous scope.

The journaling has to do with these repetitive mediocre photos. I know why I TAKE many similar photos. Always hoping the next one will be the best one. But oh my gosh, did I have to PRINT so many of them? Oh, well. They are out of the South Dakota shoe box and into the book so that is what is important. The little embellishments were made from a PTI die set I own. Not sure these are bluebirds but whatever. You get the idea.

Also thrilled to be chipping away at that ancient stash. I was able to unload the balance of English Garden on this one. Woo hoo. Another one bites the dust. Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing many more layouts and cards in this thread. Happy Sunday.
Attachments
Four Diamonds Custer SP.jpg
Four Diamonds Custer SP.jpg (118.63 KiB) Viewed 620 times
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

pretty page the blue makes them stand out
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Hey any photo of a bird is a good photo. Love the repetitive photos and like Jill said the blues are perfect for your photos.

I've got to ask...what kind of bird? Swallow or Bluebird? I can't expand it well on my iPad to tell clearly. Looks Bluebirdish.
FARLEY in Sacramento