A January layout... and sketch

ScrappinJen

Re: A January layout... and sketch

Post by ScrappinJen »

Finished mine and I'm going to multi-post with this one. It uses a tea stain technique for the base pages. Kit used on top is Hops and Barley from Club Scrap. I like this sketch but it certainly is photo-centric. (is that the term?) Thanks for challenging us, Keitha.

Photos from a day on the Placer Ale Trail with Bob, Teresa and Mallory on Thanksgiving weekend. We visited five breweries and tasted 29 beers. Yes, tis true. I didn't want to see a beer for at least a few days after that. HA HA

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
PAO Jan Sketch.jpg
PAO Jan Sketch.jpg (130.49 KiB) Viewed 175 times
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou for the sketch, Keitha. I've been playing with the "digitals" again today. :P These little decorations remind us of holidays and the places where we bought them.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Christmas-decorations.jpg
Christmas-decorations.jpg (38.29 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Were you able to walk to the car Jenn? That's a lot of tasting. Love the layout. You always take precise care when you scrapbook. Is Bob your hubby? Theresa and Mallory your children?
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great Christmas LO Kathryn. All those ornaments are so pretty. That is so cool that you buy ornaments from your travels. Great way to reminisce.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Jen, your layout looks as good here as on the other thread :)
Kathryn, nice digital interpretation of the sketch; perfect subject matter for so many photos.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

nice layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful layout Kathryn.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Lovely LO, Kathryn. We always add something new to the tree, too.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I needed some therapy today so this is the LO I made using Keitha's sketch she posted. It was one of the coolest things we saw on our trip last summer. We stopped in Kansas City to visit a friend of mine that I haven't seen since high school and she took us here. It was great and so glad we saw it. Highly recommend if you catch yourself in Kansas City, MO.

Here is the description from their website.

The Arabia Steamboat Museum is a unique Kansas City attraction: a time capsule of life on the American frontier in the mid-nineteenth century.  It is not your typical museum.  Visitors have the one-of-a-kind opportunity to experience the everyday objects that made life possible for pioneers in the 1800s.  It is the largest single collection of pre-Civil War artifacts in the world.
The Steamboat Arabia was one of many casualties of the perilous Missouri River.  The Mighty Missouri, as it was often called, is the longest river in the United States and has claimed nearly 400 other steamboats over its 2,500 mile course.  In September 1856, the Arabia was carrying over 200 tons of cargo intended for general stores and homes in 16 mid-western frontier towns.  The steamer was still fully loaded when it hit a tree snag and sank just 6 miles west of Kansas City.  Due to erosion, the Missouri River changed course over time, and the Arabia was buried underground for over a century – along with all of its precious cargo. Lying 45-feet deep beneath a Kansas cornfield, the Arabia’s payload was protected from light and oxygen and was thus remarkably well preserved.
Using a metal detector and old maps to guide the search, an amateur archaeologist began the search for the lost steamer.   Located a half-mile from the present river’s course, 5 men and their families would begin the adventure of a lifetime … recovering the Steamboat Arabia.  What they found will astound you.
In 1991 the Arabia’s cargo was transformed into the Arabia Steamboat Museum, a top Kansas City attraction and favorite local destination in the historic City Market.  From fine China to carpentry tools to children’s toys to the world’s oldest pickles—the Arabia’s artifacts captivate visitors of all ages. 
Attachments
IMG_0334 (2).JPG
IMG_0334 (2).JPG (60.87 KiB) Viewed 134 times
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

another set of great layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, that sounds fascinating, Debbie.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great layout Debbie, and a fun museum to hopefully visit one day!