Take It Easy

Keitha

Take It Easy

Post by Keitha »

Had the layering challenge in mind when I started this - albeit little bits of paper, not stamps. A process that does not come intuitively for me. One advantage, I suppose, is using up some pieces from a 6x6 paper pad. Here's my question - a bit of an informal poll, if you will: do these photos instantly conjure up the song, or did you need the journaling to get the significance?
Attachments
DSCN3236_r.jpg
DSCN3236_r.jpg (213.8 KiB) Viewed 714 times
pat-czap

Re: Take It Easy

Post by pat-czap »

Nice layout Keitha. I'll have that tune in my head now. I LOVE the Eagles. :cool5:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Such a fine sight to see.
It's perfect!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford, slowing down to take a look at me.

As soon as I saw Winslow, Arizona on the building I knew what it was.

Beth Richards lived there and said there was a lot of talk as to who the girl was.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great LO Keitha! And I too will now be singing that one. What did you use to spell out the verse below the title? An alpha sheet? It's very cool. And so is the string spelling "easy".
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.

I think anyone of a certain age would know what you were talking about. Even my 82-year-old mother had to go stand on the corner when she was in town.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Well, I guess inflicting an earworm on your viewers is one way to make your layout interactive, LOL.
One of the embellishment packs (Basic Grey Herbs & Honey) had some little alphas, obviously not enough in one colour so I altered some of the other sheet. And then found out after I'd adhered them that the 12x12 alpha sheet in the paper collection had the same tiny alphas, but by then I was committed to my two greens. I decided those alphas were too small for my title in contrast to the lyrics, so used different letter stickers for that. The word 'easy' was done with baker's twine.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

By the way, Keitha, I got so busy dancing around the room that I neglected to mention how fabulous I think this layout is. Those little layered piles make my heart go pitty patter.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Everything turned out great! Your layering of the papers for mats is my favorite part especially with the paper bag! It all has come together very nicely-as usual!

I knew from the first photo in upper left before I scrolled down. I never even heard of the song until the last few years. I should listen to it sometime.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I keep wishing we had seen the statue when we went through Winslow. Maybe it wasn't there yet. The title helps make the layout more fun!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And I, too, forgot to say how much I like the LO, especially your titling. Don't be surprised if you see it CASEd. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love the layout! (I'll go ahead and say that first before I get too distracted singing the entire song in my head). :lol:

I get what you mean about layering not coming naturally, but yes, it would be a great use for those 6x6 paper pads. I have far too many of those and can rarely find a suitable use for them. Your layering turned out great.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I keep coming back to your LO and soaking more of it in. Your layering (which I failed to add to previous comment) is outstanding. That had to use up a lot of paper and so well done. I should make more of my cards that way and use up those 6X6s.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks ladies. The layering, which was a struggle for me as I don't do it enough, used just a few pieces from a 6x6 pad, a few matching stickers and die cuts and a piece of branding strip that had a pattern on it. And the little paper bag. I just cut little bits of the papers and tucked them around the edges, but another time I think I'd leave them whole, it's not like I'm in danger of running out. Typically when I scrap I pretty much plan it out in advance, but for the layering I used the stick and go method, one bit at a time. Although admittedly a couple of my photo piles got completely pulled up and repositioned a time or two. My favorite element on the page is the line of song lyrics, and I did plan my title and was pleased at how it turned out. CASE away, Farley.
nancine

Post by nancine »

This is great! We all will be taking lessons and case-ing those layers! And how you did easy?! Wow :clap:

And of course as soon as I saw Winslow I knew what it was, as Jennifer says anyone of a spcertain age would however even my 83 year old parents went a couple years ago and took photos. Although I suspect they know and enjoy the Eagles because of us girls 8-)

The Eagles are probably my favorite band, and Glenn was(is) my favorite Eagle.