Winter PSL 2017

ScrappinJen

Re: Winter PSL 2017

Post by ScrappinJen »

And one more card I made using the Creative License GTG and my Silhouette. This is a birthday card for Mallory's Schnauzer Oliver Twist who turned one year old on Tuesday. He's 81 years younger than my hubby. I was thrilled to find this cut in the Silhouette store.
Attachments
ShadesofGray Lets Celebrate.jpg
ShadesofGray Lets Celebrate.jpg (114.05 KiB) Viewed 264 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

Here's a layout for this "messy week" with some stencils. And a couple cards using an old Va,engine card kit fromCS and my new Stampin Up stamp/die set.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (131.28 KiB) Viewed 263 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (129.38 KiB) Viewed 263 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.49 KiB) Viewed 263 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These balloon cards make my hear go pitter pat. Or maybe I just had too much sugar???
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen your LOs are wonderful...but that schnauzer card is ADORABLE!

Nancy great balloon cards. That's a great die!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jen - that schnauzer face! so cute!

Nancy - excellent cards and layout.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Great PSL projects!! I'm enjoying checking them out. Thanks for sharing!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm also really enjoying this thread! I always thought the color combo on the Generations kit was kinda odd, and I remember having trouble using it. If memory serves, I think that might have been one of the first times I swapped in various solids from my own stash to make the ALSB layouts more color neutral. It's one of about 3 kits that I still have an unused ALSB layout for. Seeing it again reminds me that I should dig it out and just USE it.

Those balloon cards are really awesome. I love that die! I'd never be able to come up with a use for it on my own, but the card with the sentiment is just perfect.

Keep them coming ladies!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thanks all, for your comments. Wish I could take credit for that Schnauzer but Silhouette did all the work. It was well-received by Oliver and his Mommy.

I agree, Julie, about Generations. That is evidently the reason it still sat in pieces in my stash. I'm not crazy about that combo either. But I decided to just go for it. Lying in bed last night, I was wishing I had used white or black as a base. But it's done. And I think it worked well for the photos I chose. The theme, I mean. And maybe even the papers. And now onto the next project.
nancine

Post by nancine »

here's a few cards from tonight... simple but done!
Attachments
PSLWk3_flyaway.jpg
PSLWk3_flyaway.jpg (125.36 KiB) Viewed 214 times
PSLWk3_succulent.jpg
PSLWk3_succulent.jpg (111.31 KiB) Viewed 214 times
PSLWk3_ghoststamping1.jpg
PSLWk3_ghoststamping1.jpg (131.69 KiB) Viewed 214 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Simple!?!
They're SO pretty!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I love that over stamping or whatever it's called. .oh, yeah, ghost stamping. Love it.

And the succulent...I gotta try that.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I made a card for Mallory's anniversary using my new Moonlight Nuvo paste and the wrinkle free distress technique on the inlaid diecut. I'm gettin' messy this week.
Attachments
PAOGetMessyNuvoPasteDistressInk.jpg
PAOGetMessyNuvoPasteDistressInk.jpg (229.27 KiB) Viewed 186 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy your cards are outstanding! And you know which one is my favorite. :lol: Your ghost stamping is so well done. i've tried that and it just made my eyes blurry. Love yours.

Jen great card. I am really liking the Nuvo products. Haven't tried that one yet.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I only eked out one Get Messy layout this week but it's certainly a hot mess. I used ink sprays to throw (literally) splatters onto white cardstock to achieve the messy challenge. This layout also fulfills the NBUS challenge of using a BIG WORD as well as a challenge to use your ugliest what-was-I-thinking item. Graffiti certainly filled the bill. I did not get this kit but once I stumbled onto Art Alley in Rapid City, I had to have a few sheets of it.

Once I had those messy splatters, I did something uncharacteristic of me and started tossing sequins, buttons and pearls, oh, my, onto the layout. It's truly a hot mess but I think it supports the photos. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
PAO Get Messy Big Word Art Alley.jpg
PAO Get Messy Big Word Art Alley.jpg (216.89 KiB) Viewed 168 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Once the next challenge was announced, I lost interest in getting messy and moved on to Industrial Arts - Metal and Wood. The first layout has a metal label on left side and metal rivets on the right. The second layout uses colored wood veneers on both sides. I enjoy this challenge. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
PAO Industrial Arts Metal All American Girl.jpg
PAO Industrial Arts Metal All American Girl.jpg (182.19 KiB) Viewed 168 times
PAO Industrial Arts Wood UC Davis.jpg
PAO Industrial Arts Wood UC Davis.jpg (207.95 KiB) Viewed 168 times