8 years ago?

pamcook

8 years ago?

Post by pamcook »

I think it was 8 years ago. Will have to add a date tomorrow after Cara wakes up and I can ask her. Do you have trouble scrapbooking photos that have strong emotions attached to them? Apparently I do. I’ve thought about this page for a week. Agonized over the colors, products, design...geez.
755B85F4-8444-46B9-85CC-911BC6FCD847.jpeg
755B85F4-8444-46B9-85CC-911BC6FCD847.jpeg (198.34 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Re: 8 years ago?

Post by pugmom »

I don't know the story behind this photo, but as far as page design goes, you nailed it. Gorgeous page and such a precious photo.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Great layout she looks adorable.

I can totally relate. Sometimes a group of photos will lay on my desk for weeks while I ponder which papers to use. Then suddenly a spark and off I go. Paper is harder, I think because once you cut and paste, that's it. I've been doing a lot of digi and that is so much more forgiving for me. I can do layouts and if I decide I like something else better, I do it. I do print my digi in 8x8 and have books for them.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pugmom wrote:I don't know the story behind this photo, but as far as page design goes, you nailed it. Gorgeous page and such a precious photo.
No real story. They were living in Durban SA and I was terrified every minute. They loved it and felt quite safe. Plus I had hoped they would move back to the US. So long ago and so many moves!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well, sorry you had to agonize over this but it was well worth it! This LO is just fabulous and though I don’t know the back story, the breezy tropical setting of the photo is beautifully represented in your choice or gorgeous papers and elements. Gorgeous LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

very great page
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What a beautiful layout, Pam. I like the contrast between the lush tropical foliage and the dry brown die cut embellishments. Typically South Africa.
Kathryn.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Gorgeous page, Pam.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

katymjo wrote:What a beautiful layout, Pam. I like the contrast between the lush tropical foliage and the dry brown die cut embellishments. Typically South Africa.
Kathryn.
Yeah? I never got to visit them when they lived there. The die cuts are gold though (almost impossible to photograph - almost always look black!). The paper is Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams from last year. Embellishments are from that collection and Crate Paper’s Oasis from this year, I think.

Cara says January 2009.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It's beautiful, Pam!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Beautiful layout! I love the colors. Seems like only yesterday that she was so small... :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love the layout! The background paper is perfect, though that paper is something I would likely have had in my stash forever, not knowing what to do with it. This is perfectly put together.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

wannabescrappin wrote:Beautiful layout! I love the colors. Seems like only yesterday that she was so small... :happy94:
Don't blink Cheryl. Before you know it, Amelia will be in Jr. High...
Pam Cook #48