Star Book: from UFO to done

Keitha

Star Book: from UFO to done

Post by Keitha »

I didn't intend to do two Basic Grey projects in a row but forgot what papers I'd used when I pulled this Star Book out to finish. When I abandoned it a couple years ago I'd only got as far as cutting up the papers so found a set of Christmas photos from 2008 to include. In addition to the BG Fruitcake papers I used some ancient rub-ons that still worked perfectly and some leftover bits from a different BG layout kit. The chipboard on the cover, heat embossed with 2 layers of Princess Gold embossing powder, is also from BG. I regret not getting more of those Ranger Ancient Golds embossing powders when they were available. I'll admit I wasn't enthused about this when I first pulled it out, but quite enjoyed finishing it once I got going. And am feeling quite chuffed at getting a project out of the UnFinished prOject box.
Attachments
DSCN4792_r.jpg
DSCN4792_r.jpg (243.91 KiB) Viewed 235 times
DSCN4791_r.jpg
DSCN4791_r.jpg (208.83 KiB) Viewed 235 times
pamcook

Re: Star Book: from UFO to done

Post by pamcook »

Love it! I really enjoyed making those star books. Can we have another moment of silence for BG? :(
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:Love it! I really enjoyed making those star books. Can we have another moment of silence for BG? :(
You can find BG fabric in stores and online...just saying. :lol: One can cross mediums in the craft world...get quilting ladies.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Now you've made me wonder???? I did one of the Star Books a while ago too and never finished it with pics. I wonder where it is?? Hmmmmm I'll be on a scavenger hunt now.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Excellent job on the star book!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Can we have another moment of silence for BG? :(

Keitha WTG getting this fantastic book done! Those papers are gorgeous.

Loved BG. And funnily enough in some craft room gutting yesterday I found a 6X6 BG pad nearly intact! Yay me!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

wow that looks great
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I have 2 star book kits that were never finished.
Maybe I need to pull them out. Yours is definitely beautiful.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Your star book looks great! I think I have a few of those in my project stash. I know I've never started one, but I know I have one or more. I should have the kids sit and make one with me, and then let them keep it for whatever they can figure out to use it for. That's why I rarely make those funky albums. I can never figure out what to do with them when I'm done! :oops:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I forgot to say that I really like this star book. I remember making a few back in the day. :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:Your star book looks great! I think I have a few of those in my project stash. I know I've never started one, but I know I have one or more. I should have the kids sit and make one with me, and then let them keep it for whatever they can figure out to use it for. That's why I rarely make those funky albums. I can never figure out what to do with them when I'm done! :oops:
Funny story: I started this a couple of Christmases ago, cut the papers and then abandoned it. When I decided to finish it I thought I'd take some photos of my Christmas decor to put in it, but then didn't feel like taking photos specifically for it so went back and found a set of photos from Christmas morning 2009 that I'd never scrapped to put in instead. I seemed to have just the right number of photos for it and was happy to have it done. Then a few days later I was looking at some scrappy notes for something else - and found where I'd made a note about this star book that I intended to fill it with Christmas Traditions. I guess that'll be a subject for another mini, another day.

Anyway, I wanted to say Julie that you have to decorate your pages before you finish the assembly of them, otherwise you're trying to work on pages that aren't flat. You could make it ahead and just not adhere the inside layer of pages, but it's not like other projects where it's easy to add photos and whatnot after it's all put together.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ooh.. excellent tip! That would frustrate me to no end if I were trying to adhere photos to something non-flat.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Beautiful job on the Star Book. I loved making those, each of the grandkids have one that I made and they loved them also.