Scraplifted Keitha

pamcook

Scraplifted Keitha

Post by pamcook »

Sort of. Her Christmas Train layout inspired me to get all these photos scrapbooked. It took me all frickin’ afternoon. I know pocket pages are supposed to come together quickly. Not for me.
They’re done.
BE9B3C70-9F0C-4A0E-A9D9-307B42D63E51.jpeg
BE9B3C70-9F0C-4A0E-A9D9-307B42D63E51.jpeg (104.13 KiB) Viewed 272 times
D95343F7-7D63-466F-A59A-47045B8E4805.jpeg
D95343F7-7D63-466F-A59A-47045B8E4805.jpeg (109.29 KiB) Viewed 272 times
B663A85C-8CD3-4DC6-8DE3-918DC8FADA71.jpeg
B663A85C-8CD3-4DC6-8DE3-918DC8FADA71.jpeg (112.69 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Re: Scraplifted Keitha

Post by Monica »

Your pages look great, Pam!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

That looks a fascinating city Pam. Great choice of coloured background with the grey buildings.
Kathryn.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

katymjo wrote:That looks a fascinating city Pam. Great choice of coloured background with the grey buildings.
Kathryn.

Exactly what I was going to say! Super LOs Pam.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Nicely done! They look great to me, and I totally get the "whole afternoon" thing when I'm trying to scraplift something - it takes me for ever!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

But you did 4 layouts, Pam, in that time. I love the grey and oranges and blues.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

jfugina wrote:Nicely done! They look great to me, and I totally get the "whole afternoon" thing when I'm trying to scraplift something - it takes me for ever!
scrap lifting isn’t a problem for me. It’s pocket pages. I have no idea what to do with them! They’re perfect when I have too many pictures for a 2-page layout but they take me forever.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

These are great, Pam. I have a hard time with pocket pages, too. They should be so simple, but I have to think too much.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

These look great Pam. I agree, there's nothing quick about pocket pages; I think it's a different mindset than doing 12x12 layouts. When I've got a ton of photos and decide to add a pocket page to a layout, I mostly just put photos in the pockets and add the minimum amount of embellishment, if any. I figure if they're beside a layout - or half a layout - that's enough extras. I do like the format for when I only really want one layout for a place or event - but either have way too many photos that I want to include, or figure the photos will be completely useless printed tiny enough to cram on a double spread.

I'm a sketch girl; too bad no one makes sketches in this format, basically telling you what to do in the pockets. There probably are sketches for pocket page layouts, but I want to merge them with regular layouts as you've done here.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Those are wonderful pages Pam! Chicago is also a city we have never been to, except the airport. Added to our bucket list that keeps on growing.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Love this.

I love Chicago and as I look at your pics I'm like yep yep, went there too, oh yep loved that too

My only problem with Chi is that it doesn't maintain the 70 degree temps we had when we were there.
That whole winter thing...
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ChristyB wrote:Love this.

I love Chicago and as I look at your pics I'm like yep yep, went there too, oh yep loved that too

My only problem with Chi is that it doesn't maintain the 70 degree temps we had when we were there.
That whole winter thing...
And combine that with hurricane force winds...
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam I am so enjoying your Chicago LOs. I love Chicago and have been there a few times with my parents but not as an adult. So a very long time ago. But I have great memories of that city. And it’s where my parents first met.

Stop me if I’ve blathered on about his before but Chicago really brings up good stuff for me:

My mom was from Springfield, IL but lived in Los Angeles when she was in her 20s. She, among a group of other young women, was the winner of the first year of Mademoiselle Magazine’s “Win a Career” contest in ‘39 I think. Her new job put her back in IL again in Chicago working for Carson Pirie Scott as a fashion illustrator in their ad dept. In 1941 she met my dad, (a handsome young architect from NJ) who had a new job working for an architectural firm. Quite the arty match. They were married just months shy of their 60th anniversary when my mom passed away.

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Great layouts and pics Pam. :clap:
Chicago...my kind of town...so says my sister Rose who lives in the suburbs and her 2 daughters live in the city. It is surely a fun city to visit.
Farley, I do like your story about your mom...imagine all that she experienced!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:Pam I am so enjoying your Chicago LOs. I love Chicago and have been there a few times with my parents but not as an adult. So a very long time ago. But I have great memories of that city. And it’s where my parents first met.

Stop me if I’ve blathered on about his before but Chicago really brings up good stuff for me:

My mom was from Springfield, IL but lived in Los Angeles when she was in her 20s. She, among a group of other young women, was the winner of the first year of Mademoiselle Magazine’s “Win a Career” contest in ‘39 I think. Her new job put her back in IL again in Chicago working for Carson Pirie Scott as a fashion illustrator in their ad dept. In 1941 she met my dad, (a handsome young architect from NJ) who had a new job working for an architectural firm. Quite the arty match. They were married just months shy of their 60th anniversary when my mom passed away.

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:
That's a great story, Farley. Have you scrapped it?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com