Some layouts from today

jfugina

Some layouts from today

Post by jfugina »

After I got my head together and did a little bit of organizing, I found the motivation to put together a few layouts from 2015. TFL!
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1161.jpg (112.61 KiB) Viewed 185 times
During our drive down to Florida, we always go through Gainesville, where some friends live. Usually we're coming through pretty late at night and it's not a good time for a visit, but this time we were able to get an early enough start to be passing through at dinner time, so we met them for a quick bite and some photos before we completed our journey. I'm not super-thrilled with the layout, but I've been determined to use that Second City collection from Basic Grey for a long time. I think that collection is just too hard to use for me, but at least I used a bit of it. It came in a warehouse box.
IMG_1159.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg (142.83 KiB) Viewed 185 times
Jake's 2nd grade class. I've been sitting on that Pink Paislee die cut paper forEVER and finally paired it with some scraps and got it used. I'm pretty happy with the result.
IMG_1160.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg (129.56 KiB) Viewed 185 times
School photos from Fall 2015. I got this sticker sheet with these big glasses and I knew I wanted to use it for school photos. So that sticker sheet was the whole inspiration of that layout.
IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1158.jpg (141.76 KiB) Viewed 185 times
There are two hidden photos behind the lower blue block on this one, taken while Jake was in the dentist chair. They're a bit traumatic to look at. Jake was injured pretty badly on the playground, and the close-ups are pretty gorey. So they're tucked away. This was within a month of the photos above. It's been two years, and he's just now starting to get his teeth re-aligned from the permanent teeth growing in all wrong. He's still got a few years before he can get the chipped tooth repaired.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Re: Some layouts from today

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job on your layouts! You are back in the swing of things.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great pages but again - poor Jake! Dude. You need to slow down or something!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You definitely found some motivation!! Great job on the layouts!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:Great pages but again - poor Jake! Dude. You need to slow down or something!
Yes, I know! His elementary school is out to kill him! :lol: Thankfully, he's only got four more months of elementary school with recess, and then he's got to survive the summer. But then while we hit recess-free middle-school, that comes with PE every day, so who the heck knows what kind of trouble he's going to find for himself. :roll:
Julie Fugina
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Glad you're back in the swing of things, Julie. Super layouts!
Kathryn.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

nchoney wrote:You definitely found some motivation!! Great job on the layouts!!
troublesmom wrote:Wonderful job on your layouts! You are back in the swing of things.
Thank you! I got another wind before going to bed last night, and whipped out 3 more double-page spreads, but I didn't have my phone to take any pics and get them posted.

We've got a busy week ahead of us - Nicole has stuff going on up at school every night this week at 6, and it's Pinewood Derby weekend for the boys. Other than being Nicole's taxi, I don't have any commitments other than not letting my Y membership go to waste, so hopefully I can keep the momentum and blast through the rest of my 2015 layouts. That would make me SOOO happy!
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thumbs up!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Julie. Say it ain’t so......middle school? Dang, I’m getting old.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie! Terrific LOs. I particularly like the first two because of the colors and the fun alphas you used. You went from unmotivated to warp speed!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Debbie J wrote:Good job Julie. Say it ain’t so......middle school? Dang, I’m getting old.
I'm not ready for it either. One one hand, I can't say I'm particularly sad about leaving that elementary school behind, but acknowledging that our family is almost completely beyond the elementary years is a little hard to swallow.
Julie Fugina
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Beautiful! Love them!
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina