crazy shaker card

Keitha

crazy shaker card

Post by Keitha »

One final card from me this month, using Marianne's shaker challenge. The card has the cash sealed inside.
Attachments
DSCN2103_r.jpg
DSCN2103_r.jpg (182.81 KiB) Viewed 479 times
pamcook

Re: crazy shaker card

Post by pamcook »

Great idea! Very cute card.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

LOVE it! The recipient will also.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I love this, but let's just make sure I'm seeing this correctly. You took two pieces of acetate, put some sequins and cash in the middle, sewed all four sides and put the crazy bird on the outside? I love it!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cute card
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks ladies. You got it Sue, except I sealed it with my Fuse tool. But sewing would work, also.

Question for you ladies (Nancy, LOL) learning about vellum and acetate: is solvent ink the only kind that will stay put on acetate? I read somewhere that pigment ink would work if you heat set it, but it didn't for me. I figure you can't use too much heat or you'll warp the acetate. So my planned stamped starbursts on the outside never happened; I didn't have enough time to play with different things to see what would work.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What a very cute card Keitha! Somebody will enjoy that birthday.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha, so far I only know of Stazon working on acetate. And yes, heat setting pigment would end up give you a hot, melted mess for sure. Ask me how I know. :roll:

I suppose if you used pigment ink and then embossed somehow without blasting it directly with a heat tool it could work? I wonder what would happen if you put it in a low temp oven and "slow-cooked" it? But your card turned out so great anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. It's a very fun card. Whoever gets this will hate having to cut it open!

BTW, like your envelope also.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Isn't that cute? Makes me realize I don't remember what Canadian money looks like. Does it have holograms in it (or did you add something sparkly) and a clear bit on the end? I want to see some at the beach.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:Isn't that cute? Makes me realize I don't remember what Canadian money looks like. Does it have holograms in it (or did you add something sparkly) and a clear bit on the end? I want to see some at the beach.
Yes, Canadian bills are plastic now - that took some getting used to - and have holograms and clear areas in them. Much more difficult to forge, and presumably longer-lasting now that they're plastic.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Isn't that cute? Makes me realize I don't remember what Canadian money looks like. Does it have holograms in it (or did you add something sparkly) and a clear bit on the end? I want to see some at the beach.
Yes, Canadian bills are plastic now - that took some getting used to - and have holograms and clear areas in them. Much more difficult to forge, and presumably longer-lasting now that they're plastic.
Thanks, the Aussie money is like that, too. I should bring some along and we can compare them.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

Farley is right - just StazOn for acetate.
I think if you got the heat resistant acetate you could perhaps heat emboss the image,
What they've been doing in class (on vellum) is making sure the heat tool is warmed up then just doing quick passes over the area to heat emboss, not staying on the acetate too long.

OH - and I totally forgot to say what a cool card and fantastic idea for giving money or a gift card. Clever!! :clap: