Swap Guidelines

Anything goes here - if it's about paper artistry, it's fair game!
pbp908

Swap Guidelines

Post by pbp908 »

SWAP GUIDELINES

1. Due date is the date that the items to be swapped are in the hostess’ hands, not the date they are to be mailed.

2. You cannot host a swap until you have successfully participated in 3 separate swaps (different hostesses). . . that means "well made" (something you would want to receive) and sent "on time." If you cannot do this three times in a row, you are not permitted to host a swap and you are put on a "slow list."

3. When hosting a swap, you must communicate regularly with the participants. Usually this is done in private emails or PMs instead of a general thread.

4. If you must drop out, contact the hostess asap and let her know so she can arrange an angel if needed. Emergencies such as surgery, death in the family, etc. are excused always.

5. If you send swap items late, they will be returned unopened. (Except if there are several late ones and the group has agreed to wait - again, communication.) If you still want to be a part of the swap, it is the late one's responsibility to send out individual swap items to each participant only if the hostess and all other participants are agreeable.

6. If you are late once, you are placed on a slow list and a hostess may ask the list moderator for this information. If you have been late twice or otherwise not fulfilled swap participation (determined by the hostess), then you will placed on a probationary period from swapping on the list.

7. When hosting, be very specific about what is required - example, how much postage; is the due date a hard date or can someone be a day or two late, do you need postage or cash or a check, etc.

8. The hostess may “bend” the guidelines under acceptable circumstances.

9. It is imperative that each hostess turn around received swaps within 10 days of receipt of participants’ artwork.

10. When participating in "round robin" type swaps, artwork that has been in a participant's hands for more than two weeks must be either returned to the originator or passed along to the next person in line.

11. Round robin participants should, out of respect to all participants and the host, post when artwork is received as well as when forwarded.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Re: First Draft - Swap Guidelines

Post by pbp908 »

Bumping - We'd like everyone to weigh in on this, please. If there's anything here that's unacceptable, if you have anything to add, if there's anything that needs to come out, whatever - please give an opinion. We don't want this to be restrictive - it has to be fair from both sides - host and participant.
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I think these are excellent points to use as reference.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Looks good to me. Whatever you hostesses decide will be fine.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

All looks good to me!!
djenns

Post by djenns »

These all look like good guidelines ...........thanks for putting it all together

Diana
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Do we need to add the specific guideline that if you can't complete the project, you should return it to the hostess asap?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I think that round-robin type swap rules should be left up to the hostess. What do the rest of you think? I haven't done any of these so I don't know what kind of frustrations go along with them.
Pam P.

scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I think these guidelines are very well stated.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I agree Pam.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think everything posted is excellent. I agree that something should be added for round robin types of things though, to say send back to the hostess if you can't continue. Those are the types of swaps that (seems to me) are in the most danger of getting bottlenecked at one place and never coming back.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

all sound good to me.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

I agree these are excellent guidelines.
That being said - I'm just sorry that we need to resort to this. My only concern is the USPS :shock:. I truly believe that communication is the key. I've been late to the post office and as we all know s--- happens!
I would hope that a hostess could respectfully decline someone's participation in her swap if there is a history of lateness or of not completing/returning swaps.
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Re: First Draft - Swap Guidelines - Edits Added

Post by pbp908 »

I hate that it's come to this, too, Cheryl. However, if this is what it takes to keep swaps moving and everyone happy, then I'm agreeable. We can't write a guideline for every contingency - and there should still be some flexibility left for the hostess to set their own guidelines. That being said, edits have been posted in blue. One is purely my addition (the last one) and the other is a suggestion from Julie and Pam.
Pam P.

bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Not being much of a swap participant, it all looks good, except for list management.

Who will keep the slow list.
Who will keep the list of those who have completed three swaps with success.
Will those lists be public or private.

Just something to figure out.