Altered drawers project

jfugina

Altered drawers project

Post by jfugina »

So, I've had a busy weekend, and I've been engineering storage projects rather than getting ready for Jake's birthday party in 3 hours. But I wanted to post this before I lost track. I have been using a re-purposed paper organizer for a couple of years, but was never able to make use of all of the slots. So it's mostly served as a barricade between me and the door (to keep the kids out). But I recently figured out a cheap way to make drawers for the unused slots, which will mean I can store unfinished projects or other tiny bits of stuff (cricut negative cuts that might make good stencils, adhesive dots, etc) that might otherwise take up space on my craft table.

This project isn't anywhere near done, but I'll work on it as the mood strikes. The basic engineering work is done though, and I'm happy with what I'll be able to do with it. TFL!
Attachments
drawerproject.jpg
drawerproject.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Sharonv

Re: Altered drawers project

Post by Sharonv »

Great idea Julie :)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Awesome job with this Julie! Love the idea! :happywave:
Paula

Post by Paula »

That looks like it is pretty cool!!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

That's a great solution, Julie.
djenns

Post by djenns »

Great idea for this...........I'm putting together cube things from Michaels and did a 5 drawer cabinet from IKEA......hope to have my room done soon
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone! I've been trying to figure out a way to turn those slots into drawers literally for years. But never figured out anything that was cheap enough for that many drawers, or could fit in the small space. The drawers didn't need to be terribly sturdy, but I'd already figured out that cardstock wouldn't cut it. Those gift boxes were 99c each, and with a little bit of reinforcement, they were totally perfect for drawers.

I'm looking forward to doing the drawer fronts. I'm planning on a few herringbone fronts, and maybe some ATC leftovers (the front is 2.5x8.5, so two landscape ATCs with a handle in the middle would work), an inchie collage or two, some embossing, and just leftover papers. Some will probably even get those chunky embellishments that I'm not terribly into. ;-) It's all about the leftovers.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

This is so cool Julie. That is a very nice storage cabinet to begin with. Way to go for making something work even better. :clap:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I love all the great ways to repurpose things - takes a lot of thinking outside the "box"!