The Lochridge Slides

azemigh

The Lochridge Slides

Post by azemigh »

I'm doing the Weekly Chronicles over at CS and I thought I'd share my pages with you all too. I'm basing my chronicle on the slides I inherited from my grandma (there are 750 of them). My plan is to scan 20 or so slides into the computer per week and create a digi page from a few of them. At the end of the year I'll be able to burn a CD of all the slides for family members and they'll all get the digi pages too, so they'll have an album to either print or slideshow themselves.

Here are the first 2 pages of the year.

The first page is a collage stating the goal and the second is of my grandma and me gazing out the window at the snow.
Attachments
TheLochridgeSlidesWk1High.jpg
TheLochridgeSlidesWk1High.jpg (74.72 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
ReflectionHigh.jpg
ReflectionHigh.jpg (72.22 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
pamcook

Re: The Lochridge Slides

Post by pamcook »

What a great project! Your family will love you for this!
Where is the snow photo?
Pam Cook #48
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Very cool ideas. I love your LOs.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

What a cool project.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Pic of you and grandma is so sweet! So nice that you are able to go back and scrap those photos.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Wow- talk about a walk down memory lane!! They should love that gift at christmas!! Do they know that you have the slides?
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thanks for sharing this with us. Your pages are terrific. We unearthed a box of old slides when we were cleaning out the basement closet a few weeks ago, but I'm not even going to try to tackle that project. I'll leave that one for my husband.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We have a ton of slides that belonged to my DH's favorite uncle. So far they're all just landscapes, and we have no idea where. Found some slides of his family's radio station, which I intend to scan and scrap for his book, but not many of people. You're so fortunate to have these wonderful memories of your life and your family. I love the first LO with a little of everything in it. Your family has no idea how much a labor of love this project is.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks all. It is quite a labor of love, I'll tell you that!

In answer to some of the questions:

The snow is at my grandparents house in Buckley, Washington, nestled in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. You'll probably all be tired of Mt. Rainier pics by the end of the year as they had a view of the mountain from their backyard and it was an oft photographed subject.

Yes, the family know I have the slides. I've been begging my uncle to look for them for me for the last 2 years and you know how when you ask for something they become the most precious thing on earth? well.....he finally decided it was ok to give them to me and gave them to me at my grandma's memorial service. I'm just glad to finally have them and decided to leave family politics behind........

One of the absolutely, fantastic things is that my grandpa (being a bit ocd) wrote something on every single slide; at least a date and a name or place. Really makes life easy. I keep saying " thank you , grandpa" everytime I come across a face I have no clue about. And even if it's not a complete description the one word or phrase my grandpa wrote is enough to jog my mom's memory when I ask her about it.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, what a great project to do! The photos look great. What kind of scanner are you using for the slides? I have a lot of slides to scan also and keep putting off getting a scanner.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have a CanoScan, it does a great job on negatives, but I have to take the slides out of their slide holders (so that I just have positive film), which is a pain, but a new one is just not in the budget. If I were buying a new scanner I would get one that does slides right in their holders.
Monica

Post by Monica »

What a wonderful project!! I have a box of slides & negatives from my MIL that I need to get going on, along with the pile of slides and negatives of my own.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nancine

Post by nancine »

what a fantastic project you have embarked on. Glad your uncle finally gave in ;)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Rachelle they both are terrific pages. I happen to be partial to the one of your grandma and you in 1969. Just stunning.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Your work is AMAZING! So glad you talked the family into letting you have them.