Rachelle's Creative Chemistry 103 Tags

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
nancine

Re: Rachelle's Creative Chemistry 103 Tags

Post by nancine »

Looks like that class is worth it, and like Pam I'm happy to hear an unbiased review on the crayons. I have so many Gelatos I figured they would be about the same. The colors are gorgeous too.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have sooooo many Gelatos and I'm such a tightwad that I'm not switching to them. But I did know from Tim that they have some different characteristics. I'm not really one to play with colors so I think I'll pass.

(Until I see them again at Hobby Lobby and use my coupon! HA HA HA)
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Cool tags and techniques. Seems as if you're getting lots of techniques and tips from the class. I have the distress crayons and they are different. Haven't played with them a lot, but liked what I have played with them on. Got them with coupons sio I could justify buying them. The colors are lovely and very different from the gelato colors.

If you haven't gotten your yupo yet, try the technique on the back side of photo paper, not the shiny side. It has much the same texture and you can get some interesting effects on it. Then when it comes you can compare the difference. Alcohol inks and drops of alcohol have cool effects on the back side of the photo paper.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I would definitely say the class was worth it. I think I got more out of this one than the first 2 and I was very happy with them. He really did a lot of stencil techniques this time and I don't use my stencils nearly enough so I'm glad to have more ideas to use them.

I probably have 30 gelatos and I still bought the crayons. I love all the distress line of products so can't seem to resist when they come out with something new.

I'll have to try some of the techniques with the back of photo paper and see what the differences are.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It would never had occurred to me to use the back of photo paper! I'll give it a try.

Rachelle I bet you are Tim's Star Pupil with all your assignments so beautifully done.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

My yupo arrived today and I got to at least get the first couple of tags done. Oh, and I did try on some photo paper before the yupo arrived. One back and one front. The alcohol ink seemed to just dissolve whatever coating was on the paper, more so on the front. Kind of a hot mess.

First is the Alcohol Ink Stamped Resist and second is the Alcohol Ink Texture Resist.
Attachments
AlcoholInkStampedResist.jpg
AlcoholInkStampedResist.jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 706 times
AlcoholInkTextureResistonYupo.jpg
AlcoholInkTextureResistonYupo.jpg (71.63 KiB) Viewed 706 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are really pretty, Rachelle.

Was the photo paper Epson? I tried AIs on it and it dissolved but it does work on other papers. Never tried it on the back of the photo paper.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So pretty! All these techniques are gorgeous.
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

mpizzazz wrote:Those are really pretty, Rachelle.

Was the photo paper Epson? I tried AIs on it and it dissolved but it does work on other papers. Never tried it on the back of the photo paper.
It was HP paper.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

azemigh wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Those are really pretty, Rachelle.

It was HP paper.
Thanks. Guess it's just the cheap paper that works. I looked on the back of what worked ok and it is Staples paper.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle those Yupo tags are fabulous! I really like both of them. So now I need to get me some Yupo but I'll give my HP photo paper a go. Maybe mine won't dissolve!
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Got to play a little more today.

First: One of the distress crayon techniques using Distress Grit Paste, which I didn't have, so I substituted Glass Bead Gel Paste and I think it worked just as well. I didn't think I was going to like this technique at all, but I LOVE the results. This one uses just Mustard Seed and Hickory Smoke crayons.

Second: Alcohol Ink Painting on Yupo. Another one I thought I wasn't going to like, but ended up loving the results. Can't go wrong with the Nature's Wonders stamps either.

Third: Alcohol Ink Faded Layers: Love this technique in all its variations of ink and papers.
Attachments
DistressCrayonGlassBeadGelPaste.jpg
DistressCrayonGlassBeadGelPaste.jpg (88.35 KiB) Viewed 675 times
AlcoholInkPaintingonYupo.jpg
AlcoholInkPaintingonYupo.jpg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 675 times
AlcoholInkFadedLayers.jpg
AlcoholInkFadedLayers.jpg (72.42 KiB) Viewed 675 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Rachelle, Tim should have used you as an advertisement for this class. Had I seen your tags earlier I would have signed up. I know I still can and may have to do so. Your three tags today are outstanding!
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Got the last 2 Alcohol Ink techniques done today. So far, that's the only day I've finished all the techs for. Still working on the other 4 lessons.

First: Alcohol Ink Splattered Flowers. I couldn't find my canned air for this and had to use a straw, which worked, but I think the air would work better.

Next: Alcohol Ink Landscape on Yupo. This was just as Tim described it, very zen like, just playing and flowing, and dragging until you have something you like. I like it.
Attachments
AlcoholInkSplatteredFlowersonYupo.jpg
AlcoholInkSplatteredFlowersonYupo.jpg (133.98 KiB) Viewed 663 times
AlcoholInkLandscapeonYupo.jpg
AlcoholInkLandscapeonYupo.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 663 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, and these are 'just' the alcohol ink techniques? Your landscape is really pretty. Is the advantage of the Yupo that the AIs don't dry as fast as they do on glossy paper?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels