Creative Chemistry Day 10

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Creative Chemistry Day 10

Post by Monica »

Bittersweet today, since this is the last day of class. I'm looking forward to playing with Stickles and learning about sealers.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 10

Post by pamcook »

Yep - love me some stickles.
Don't love wearing more than I get on my projects. I put one dot of yellow on a scrapbook page last night. Smeared it onto a photo - twice. Smeared it on my elbow, forearm and side of my hand - 3 separate applications. I finally got that 1 little dot dried. 6 attempts for 1 dot but the page wouldn't have been the same without it. ;)
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:Yep - love me some stickles.
Don't love wearing more than I get on my projects. I put one dot of yellow on a scrapbook page last night. Smeared it onto a photo - twice. Smeared it on my elbow, forearm and side of my hand - 3 separate applications. I finally got that 1 little dot dried. 6 attempts for 1 dot but the page wouldn't have been the same without it. ;)

rotfl!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Better late than never, I'm in! I'm off to read and watch!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Paula

Post by Paula »

tlscrap wrote:Better late than never, I'm in! I'm off to read and watch!
enjoy!!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to watch. Trying to blitz the house before everyone gets here.

I do love Stickles, even when they end up all over me.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I haven't even watched yesterday's yet, Pam.... I'll be playing cath-up tomorrow!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to watch. Trying to blitz the house before everyone gets here.

I do love Stickles, even when they end up all over me.
Pam, you aren't thinking of cleaning the house before 18 people arrive, are you! That's a waste of time, by the time they trek in and out and walk all over leaving dust and dirt. Better to clean after they leave!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Anyway, back to stickles! I did two tags, one with antique linen Distress stickles over lighter inks and one with black Distress stickles over darker colors. I'm underwhelmed, it seems very random, all you see is some sparkle here and there, is that normal?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Monica

Post by Monica »

I've only spread the Rock Candy Distress Stickles over a large area, so I'm not sure what to tell you regarding the colored ones. I mainly use them for accents. I did up a few of those bunny pins Tim posted on his blog last weekend, and I ended up preferring the regular Stickles for that as they were brighter and more glittery. The Distress ones are a more vintage distressed look as opposed to the shimmer shine of regular Stickles.

Did my rambling help at all? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I think I'm in the minority here...
I :angry42: stickles!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's okay Christy. :happy94:

The Distress Stickles are very understated. It's a "look". Not sure I love it very often. My Stickles will last me until the end of time. I use them sparingly - except at Christmas.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

What amuses me about Stickles is that it is like the old bottles of glitter glue but give it a popular designer and cute name and it's back again and trendy. I can take them or leave them but they add a little something as an accent.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I tend to use them as accent "dots" here and there and on the edges of flower petals a la Prima. I love them, but it's a limited love. Can't put them everywhere like so many do.

Marianne - the only boo boo tonight was when one of the young ones dropped their strawberry shortcake on the oriental rug in the dining room. One of the dogs very obligingly cleaned it up for me, and strangely enough it didn't even bother me. I'll just drag it out on the deck as soon as the pollen is gone and shampoo it. The house is in surprisingly good shape - all I need to do is vacuum and sweep and it's good to go. With the animals we have to do that every day anyway, so tomorrow is play time!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love how mine turned out! I forgot how much I like Rock Candy Distress Stickles. When it dries, I'll try to scan it. It's wet when I touch it so I know it's not dry (I paid attention).
Just finished day 9 tags. Don't love them as much but I was rushing. I think Perfect Pearls over Distress Ink and then misted with water is one of my all time favorite techniques from Tim.

I think the photo might show it better than a scan?
20120331_191649.jpg
20120331_191649.jpg (72.62 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Pam Cook #48