Bernie Berlin week 2-Paint on paper towel

Luanne

Bernie Berlin week 2-Paint on paper towel

Post by Luanne »

Paint-Week 2 Paint on paper towel pg.16/17

I'm so happy to see so much creativity happening in week 1, albeit uncomfortable for some, but you're posting anyway and laughing along with the rest of us!!! That alone gives you the right to grab the "I did it" blinkie! Congratulate yourself for pushing the limits of comfort and opening yourself up!!!

Here are the guidelines and materials youll need for week #2. Remember, this is not an exercise in what you can buy...but what you can use up in your already huge stash! Extra bonus-papertowels can be used in the 'Recycle it' Camp Challenge!!!

Bernie suggests:
Flat paint brush
Paper towel - any will do but Viva brand has no print and is incredibly strong!
Lumiere paints (at least 3 colors)- Acryllic paints will do. Lumiere are designed for fabric, and are incredibly awesome, but incredibly awesome always translates to incredibly expensive! You can also add some pearl-ex powder to your acryllic paint to get a similar effect, if you have pearl-ex. We're looking for opaque (not see through) paint this week.
Gel medium- you can use book binding glue. or Mod Podge too. I use Liquitex MATTE GEL, Medium. I prefer a matte finish (dull) to a glossy finish, but you can buy both kinds, just look closely so you are getting what you want. Also, do NOT get the slow drying kind...you'll be frustrated.
Scissors
Rubber stamp- UM or wooden, doesn't matter
Quick drying ink pad- dye ink or staz-on, not pigment. If you only have pigment, you'll have to use your heat gun to set it.

I suggested last week, and will repeat myself here, keep a few paper towels near your work surface to swipe and wipe your craft mat clean. 1 for ink. 1 for paint. Before you know it, you'll have created the dyed towels and it didn't take any extra time or materials! I like to think of myself as the 'Frugal Crafter' bwahahaha.

Have fun collecting, preping and playing!!!
ps- the towels in the foto are not viva, but that's what I have right now.
ChristyB

Re: Bernie Berlin week 2-Paint on paper towel

Post by ChristyB »

here are some from me
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

and 2 more
Attachments
P7040219.JPG
P7040219.JPG (101.59 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
P6240219.JPG
P6240219.JPG (89.53 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Uh, how did I miss all this? :o Just how long have you guys been on this forum without me???
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

no worries--just transferring stuff
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Here's the one card I've finished with the Painted Paper Towel Tech. I have at least 30 blanks to play with and need to move on to the Never Dull/Gesso stuff. Now, if I could get off this machine I might be able to do that. :wtf:
Attachments
King&QueenPaintedPaperTowel_small.jpg
King&QueenPaintedPaperTowel_small.jpg (36.57 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

these are so cool!!