Scrap Exchange in Durham

Buy local
bethrich

Scrap Exchange in Durham

Post by bethrich »

I have to share my $12 haul from Scrap Exchange. If you are in the Durham area, especially if you are looking for fabric stuff, you really owe yourself a trip to the Scrap Exchange. Their new digs at Golden Belt are so much larger and nicer than when they were near the Farmer's Market. And they need our support, too. Their rent is larger to go with the space.

In addition to fabric, there's wallpaper sample books and some wallpaper, carpet samples. Ribbons, buttons, findings. Paper -- there were some packs of dark red linen texture card blanks. I debated really hard, but decided I didn't need it. Some stamps and die cuts, not a lot. Medical supplies like these little cup things I can use with watercolors. Posters, CD cases, National Geographic magazines. I can't even think of all the different stuff they have. Also they sell art made with found/recycled items, so I came away with some inspiration for free!

Here's all I got for $12. The box will probably get recovered, but for 50 cents I had to have it. It holds tall cards very nicely.
Scrap_Exchange_Haul.jpg
Scrap_Exchange_Haul.jpg (124.91 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
Monica

Re: Scrap Exchange in Durham

Post by Monica »

Nice haul! I'm envious of the swirly QuicKutz set.... I have a set of stamps similiar to that and they are so versatile. I like that box for the long cards.... can't wait to see how you recover it.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Yeah, Monica, the QuicKutz dies were definitely a sweet find.

NC gals ...

While waiting through interminable hours of technical disaster today, I found that the Scrap Exchange has a blog with videos. Learned that they are the only "creative reuse center" in NC and one of only 44 in the US.

If you want to see what it's all about, check out this one: The Scrap Exchange: Many men's trash, anyone's treasure

Also see the Video feature on The Scrap Exchange from WRAL. From an earlier year.

http://thescrapexchange.blogspot.com/p/ ... media.html
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Beth, I just explored all the scrap exchanges, none near me but sent off links to Robin in Australia and Kathryn/Catherine in England.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com