a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

Ruth Ann Landry

a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Although I never thought I'd say this, I am getting more and more interested in using flowers in my Layouts and projects.....I looked at some Prima flowers the other day (bought one pack on clearance) and was rocked at the prices! I've seen a flower technique book while surfing this morning and was immediately interested in doing one. It's a simple process...We could make one flower technique a week...and make one page for our book with a finished flower and the directions and step processes, if need be, for each flower....Then when we want flowers for a project, we can reference our flower books to see how to make them. I could get us started with some techniques that I've learned and as I run out of ideas, I'd be more than happy to have you jump in with some other ideas.... I'm thinking of using a long shopping list pad like I keep on my fridge for the pages. I'll adhere that paper to a stip of cardstock for durability, then just hole punch the tops of the pages and use O-rings to bind since it'll be lumpy....I can then use the lined shopping list page to write directions when I need them. Anyone interested?
pamcook

Re: a flower technique book...anyone interested in making one?

Post by pamcook »

Definitely - but this does give me yet one more opportunity to put in writing that I LEAVE FOR AUSTRALIA ON MAY1!
:happywave:
Yes, I was screaming that statement! Now that my trip is just a smidge over 2 weeks away it feels like it's really going to happen!

Oh wait - back to the topic - yes, definitely! I would love to see all the steps and actually have them in a journal. I would get caught up when I get home at the end of May.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

It sounds intriguing.... any chance you've got a sample or 2 somewhere in cyberspace that I can look at (very visual person)? And I confess to having a trruckload of Primas, but in my defense a girlfriend had her small business license for a few years and one of the vendors she had was Prima.... she sold them for 30% under store retail and I got to browse the wholesale end of Prima's website and pick out exactly what I wanted her to order. I got kinda spoiled. ;)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have no delusions that I'll stop buying Prima anything. I love, love their products! There have been times when I'm finishing a project on the deadline and don't have time to wait for an internet order or drive the long drive over to Archiver's. And sometimes, I just want to play to see what I can create. I think this will be a lot of fun!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

This sounds fun!! and I will play...........have fun in Australia!! Is the whole family going?? For how long?
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

This sounds very interesting. I'd like to play along.
Ruth Ann Landry

Here is my first page. I don't have much in the line of text weight paper at the moment, so I glitter misted some copy paper to use.....the shopping list is adhered to heavy white cardstock..and i can use the lined paper to write my directions....
Attachments
2006 06 25 001.JPG
2006 06 25 001.JPG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Here's another, more colorful one...
Attachments
2006 06 25 001.JPG
2006 06 25 001.JPG (21.04 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Ruth Ann Landry

this will be the second page....
Attachments
2006 06 25 001.JPG
2006 06 25 001.JPG (22.12 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'll play along when I can too. Going to be gone for a few weeks in May too.
nancine

Post by nancine »

this is an excellent idea - much better than bookmarking many, many blogs etc. and trying to remember how to make them!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm going to give it a try also.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, you sold me on it. I'll play along! Thanks for the visual samples. :happy94:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love this idea! I'm doubtful that I'd be able to keep up, but I love the concept. I don't buy flowers either. I never had any at all in my stash until I joined swirlydoos. LOL. But I have several flower dies that could stand to be used more creatively.

If nothing else, I'm going to bookmark this thread just to keep track of what everyone else comes up with! :cool5:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I'll play. One technique a week might be too frequent for me to keep up. Could we do every other week or twice a month?