Yes, I am an enabler

New tricks to amaze your friends
pamcook

Yes, I am an enabler

Post by pamcook »

I'll admit it but the best recommendations I've gotten have been from my PAO sisters.

Shimelle is having a sale on her classes.
http://www.shimelle.com/paper/2122/this ... shop-sale/
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Yes, I am an enabler

Post by ScrappinJen »

OH you bad girl. I've been wanting to take that Hitchhiker class for years and never got round to it. Now I will. Thank you.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Me, too!
I think I've checked every month. Bonus that it's on sale!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Dang, I saw two classes that I want to sign up for, and if I'm in for a penny I may as well be in for a pound.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

:roll: I better go look!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've always loved Shimelle's classes. Debating Hitchhiker but am wondering if I'd really learn anything from it. When I read the following description I honestly don't think these are areas I struggle with:
Over five chapters, the guide covers ways to pick papers, formulas for getting started (and looking like you totally know what you’re doing even if you feel you haven’t a clue), sketches and ways to adapt them, ways to take inspiration from your favourite pages and how to embrace and develop your very own personal style.
But then it would be a whole slew of Shimelle eye candy that I've never seen before.

Scrapbook Remix does appeal. I probably own many of those 20 collections she works her way through, and admittedly prefer her pages from back when embellishments consisted of more than just different forms of paper. Scrapping along with this one even if I don't think I'm learning anything might be a fun way to use up some of the neglected items in my stash. I will admit I get lazy and scrap from a single collection because it's easier, so this would help break that pattern.

I do like that both of those classes include .pdfs and don't rely solely on videos. And I also like to support those industry folks I admire who rely on scrapbooking for their income. So, am I signing up for one or two classes...
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I bought the Hitchhiker class. Thanks for the alert, Pam.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just signed up for Hitchhiker. Since I signed up for a watercolor class last weekend, I thought I'd better only try 2 at a time. Unfortunately, I used George's Pay Pal acct. and forgot to change the email address. Now I've got to keep an eye out for that so he won't delete it. :lol:
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:I just signed up for Hitchhiker. Since I singed up for a watercolor class last weekend, I thought I'd better only try 2 at a time. Unfortunately, I used George's Pay Pal acct. and forgot to change the email address. Now I've got to keep an eye out for that so he won't delete it. :lol:
Pam, if this isn't your first Shimelle class you just need to go to www.shimelle.com/forum and log in, and your classes will be there as soon as Shimelle processes your payment.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's my first one and I'm really looking forward to it.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

In the end I bought Hitchhiker and Scrapbook Remix, and sitting here in the north in a hotel with nothing else to do have watched several of the Hitchhiker videos. My first thought was 'wow, she has a lot of Sassafras Lass in her stash'. Of course the videos are 4 years old, and I see the company closed their doors in late 2011. I'm inspired to pull out some of my remaining SL stash and get it on some pages. Always a fan of Shimelle's work, I'm noticing certain subtleties that might not be obvious if you just look at her videos/pages occasionally, in among others' work. I think there's some great inspiration here for when I finally get to my Route 66 trip photos to scrap.

If you like Shimelle's style but are on the fence about these classes, I don't think you'd be disappointed.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am terrible, while I love her stuff and did sign up for previous class I have never done them. I will just ooohhh & aaaahhh at what you all do. I for some reason have trouble doing any class I sign up for so I decided just don't sign up for them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Dangit. I'm not in yet.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

troublesmom wrote:I am terrible, while I love her stuff and did sign up for previous class I have never done them. I will just ooohhh & aaaahhh at what you all do. I for some reason have trouble doing any class I sign up for so I decided just don't sign up for them.
Cheryl, I wish I had your restraint when it comes to online classes. But I am not a fan of the subscription model which BPC has adopted so haven finally broken that habit - haven't looked at a BPC class since Studio Calico took them over.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I forgot to send a message explaining that my paypal account is attached to our home computer - not my email account I use for Shimelle's classes. Now I need to wait for her to send my access there.

For me, online classes are the next best thing to a real-life crop with friends.
Pam Cook #48