Wilna F"s classes

New tricks to amaze your friends
Trixie

Wilna F"s classes

Post by Trixie »

Has anyone taken Wilna Furstenberg's Art from the Heart class? It is a year long class and she has a sale going on now. It is pricey - $100 - but you also get another class to go with it. The subject intrigues me. Opinions?

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Re: Wilna F"s classes

Post by pamcook »

I love her teaching style - go for it!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Trixie wrote:Has anyone taken Wilna Furstenberg's Art from the Heart class? It is a year long class and she has a sale going on now. It is pricey - $100 - but you also get another class to go with it. The subject intrigues me. Opinions?

Judy
I am taking it now and it's Scripture based. She has cut files every month. I like it but it's not for everyone. Her work is so beautiful.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I took one short class from her and loved her style, her generous cut files and her lovely voice.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Debbie,

The inspirational angle interests me. Are you glad you are taking it?

Are the cut files things that you can do on your Silhouette... if one can remember how to use it?

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yes, I am glad I'm taking it. She is such a great teacher. And yes the cut files are for your silhouette. But she includes a PDF that you can print and cut out also.

Every time I do the Print and cut feature I have to watch a YouTube video on how to do it! For some reason I have a terrible time retaining that part of using the silhouette.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I am also taking Art To Heart, and really enjoying her lessons although I'll confess I haven't had time to do much with it myself. I think the class is worth it, especially if you like Wilna's cut files/illustrations. I'm intrigued by her latest month, where I heard Wilna say on the PRT podcast that for a change she did 4 layouts using patterned papers. That will be a change from all her painted pages. Which is a good point to make - Judy, Wilna's pages these days and in the class are very paint- and mixed-media based; her recent work on her blog will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Debbie you're ahead of me - I haven't yet successfully done a print and cut file, at least not at the size I wanted. Don't know why I'm so intimidated by that darn machine; maybe because I hear so many people say they don't know how to use it. I know all I need to do is take a bit of time to learn how.

With the art journaling class thrown in I think the ATH class is a really good deal right now; Debbie, do you know if everyone who bought Art To Heart gets the journaling class, or is that only for new purchasers? I couldn't figure that out.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I don't know but I have a feeling we would have to pay for it.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

You're right Debbie, the Art Journaling class is only free if you buy Art2Heart this month. But seeing as I've taken an interest lately in Art Journaling I've jumped aboard; I love the look of her pages and am hoping she'll inspire me to get to the journaling part - so far I stall out after the art. I've even managed to crack open an unused journal and spread ink on a page; we'll see how it goes.