Another test...

post_lastposttime
Attachments
image-3667526658.jpg
image-3667526658.jpg (370.34 KiB) Viewed 994 times
jfugina

Re: Easiest upload to forum?

Post by jfugina »

Neat!!!!! I tried using some photos resized with the app, and they refused to upload through ForumRunner. However, the last two pics were straight out of my image gallery. I set my preferences on ForumRunner to upload attachments as "small", and I'd say they turned out to be a decent size.

So.... now I've got what I want. :cool5: This app (forum runner) is a bit clunky, and I will continue to prefer reading and posting directly from a computer, but when I want to post something to the gallery, I've found my one step method. Woot!

For anyone wanting to use this app, I will say that it wasn't free, and it doesn't look like it's actively supported. But since I don't intend to use it as my primary reader, and it does what I need, I'm happy enough.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

OMG - That child is gorgeous! When did she grow up????
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:OMG - That child is gorgeous! When did she grow up????

Like, yesterday, I think. Or maybe a year ago? I don't know... It's all such a blur.

Here she is in front of a room she redecorated at a local maternity home this summer. She's definitely not a little girl anymore.
Attachments
image-3711604643.jpg
image-3711604643.jpg (348.85 KiB) Viewed 992 times
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

And, speaking of growing up, my baby boy is looking pretty grown up in his webelos uniform.
Attachments
image-3724720571.jpg
image-3724720571.jpg (522.14 KiB) Viewed 991 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

She looks like you, Julie. Jake not so much, but he's going to break hearts. I saw the room she redid on FB - great job with it. I hope she still wants to do another one.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:I use the free Resizer app.
Take a photo>open app>choose photo>resize to 600 x whatever>save it and then upload it to PAO.
Easiest way I've found.

This is what I use also from my android phone. It's the easiest way so far to upload photos here and elsewhere when resizing is necessary.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

It looks like you found your answer, Yay! And the answer to your question about Picasa is yes, you do still have to transfer your pics to the computer and as far as taking pics with the Kindle, since I have one, the camera is on the screen side of the Kindle, great for Skype, not so much for taking pictures of your art, you can't see what you're taking a picture of on the screen.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Out of curiosity, I have a question for all of you who post from your phones: do you keep the photo of your layout? I still photograph mine with my digital camera for the best image and go through the pain of resizing in PSE and uploading; I do have a wifi card so they transfer automatically to my computer. But as I want the photograph of my layout anyway, it doesn't bug me. I do delete the resized version after uploading. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to reference a layout and it's so much easier to scroll back through my photos than to pull out the album it's in.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I save all the photos... whether I take them with my phone or camera. I think I'm going to start photographing or scanning (8.5x11) all my layouts so I'll have them in the event we have a storm flooding issue again. I'll start with the scrapbooks with photos that I can't replace.

but I'm with you.... it's easy to go back and find the layouts if you want to post them or use them as an example later.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Read back over this thread, and there's a lot about resizing but not so much on actual uploading. I wanted to add this to see if it helps those who have trouble uploading from their computer.

After resizing, go to Board Index and find a topic that fits what you're posting. If you're adding to a challenge, etc, go to that folder and select Post Reply.
If you need an explanation about the photo you're posting, type it first. '
Under your post is Upload Attachment
First is Filename. Click on Browse and select the file that you're posting. Click Select.
Next is Add the File. It will take a second to upload the file so don't give up.
After the file is loaded, you'll see a new line under your message - Attachments, and the name of your file with a block beside it that says Place Inline. Click on it.

My apologies for the file size. That's what happens when you don't check the size of your photo! :lol: Maybe it would help if you click on Preview before submitting???

Anyway, it seems a bit cumbersome, but once you've done it several times it becomes old hat and no problem. Let me know if my instructions leave out a step and I'll fix it!

And!!! If you have a photo editing program on your computer you don't have to go to another site to do that. Just resize through your editor, save it, and then post. Eazy peazy. (Yeah, easy for me to say!)
Attachments
Trophy.jpg
Trophy.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 228 times
Pam P.

pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And yeah, I'm proud of that trophy, especially since George is supposed to be the chili expert. I competed against 12 other people, 2 of whom are former champions. It was :censor: good chili, if I do say so myself! Once the winner was called it was open to observers for a taste - my huge pot was empty within 10 minutes and people were coming back for 2nds. Next year I'll use the 30 gallon pot!
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

Way to go, Pam! That's a trophy to be proud of!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin