Swap Guidelines

Anything goes here - if it's about paper artistry, it's fair game!
pbp908

Re: First Draft - Swap Guidelines

Post by pbp908 »

Anyone have any suggestions to answer Beth's questions? Everyone liked the idea of a list being kept - now the $64,000 question - who keeps it?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Anyone have any suggestions to answer Beth's questions? Everyone liked the idea of a list being kept - now the $64,000 question - who keeps it?
I can keep it if you want. Lord knows I swap enough. All it would require is hostesses to communicate with me.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We have one volunteer. (You're a saint, girlfriend.) Do I hear a back-up for Christy in case life happens?
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

I don't like that we have to resort to this, but I'm fine with the rules posted. And I need to remember as hostess to be specific about postage and envelopes.... which I seem to forget about half the time! ;)

I will be a back-up for Christy if that's okay with you all. Seems like I live here even when I'm not very active with crafting! Lolz!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Post by Paula »

You guys are awesome for volunteering! :happy94:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Whew, glad it's not the moderators! :D
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

In a way it is the moderators, just another classification of mod - list moderators. You are both saints in my books!
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's a good question Beth. I was looking at some of the forum options last night to see if there were any features that we're not currently using that might fit the bill. Nothing stood out with what's available. The idea of using the group management feature crossed my mind, but that would probably be best suited for highlighting "super swappers", kind of like a badge of honor. But using a group as a blacklist doesn't seem right somehow - especially since group memberships are fairly public.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Bump - for those of us who were lucky enough to be on vacation!
Pam P.

Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Sounds good to me.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'm good with Christy and Monica being list keepers.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I can set up another user group - just like the address exchange, and make Christy and Monica the group leaders. I think group leaders can add people to the group (the user doesn't have to specifically request membership). These groups are publicly visible though. So if there were a "slow swappers" group, it would be kind of a badge of shame to those who were on it.

Anyway, if Christy and Monica want to manage some new user groups, and everyone agrees that public visibility is OK, then I'd be happy to set them up. I guess I'd suggest that the groups be called something like "super swappers" for those who have proven themselves, "swap newbies" for those who want to participate, but haven't completed three swaps successfully, and "swap probation" - kind of a nice name for a blacklist.

Thoughts? Or would it be easier for you Christy to just manage the list on your PC or phone or whatever?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

I don't have a problem with a public list.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

maybe the possibility of getting our name on the "slow" list will light a fire under some butts to start a little earlier and/or only signing up when totally committed to a swap...I know I'd be embarrassed to have my name on it, but if I deserve it, I deserve it!....if I do the "crime", guess I'll have to do the "time"!!!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm always slow, so I know which list I'll be on. I've even had to overnight before to make deadline. <sigh> Now you all know the truth about why I haven't been participating in swaps. It had nothing to do with my brain dead lack of inspiration problem - it's my lack of time sense.
Pam P.