color washed tags

New tricks to amaze your friends
ChristyB

color washed tags

Post by ChristyB »

mpizzazz

Re: color washed tags

Post by mpizzazz »

Looks good but I would hate to waste all that tape. I like the idea of tearing it or cutting it with deco scissors.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

I like that! I wonder if you could just use paper scraps or painters tape, instead of Tim's tissue? I think I need to try this!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Paula wrote:I like that! I wonder if you could just use paper scraps or painters tape, instead of Tim's tissue? I think I need to try this!

you could use scraps probably but the wash might leak under.

the painters tape while less tacky than masking tape is still tackier than the paper tape, you might want to get a little lint on it first to lower the tackiness.
Paula

Post by Paula »

ChristyB wrote:
Paula wrote:I like that! I wonder if you could just use paper scraps or painters tape, instead of Tim's tissue? I think I need to try this!

you could use scraps probably but the wash might leak under.

the painters tape while less tacky than masking tape is still tackier than the paper tape, you might want to get a little lint on it first to lower the tackiness.
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate them, alot! The painter's tape worked okay, but I thought it was too wide. I used Moon shaows on them, and I didn't like the colors I choose--too Christmasy :-o I then tried drywall tape, cut down to smaller strips. I will post this one when finished. Almost there...........................
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is the one I finished. Probably not considered a color wash tag-but I continued the topic here. TFL
Attachments
100_0875.JPG
100_0875.JPG (136.16 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Try the paper tape that we bought at Wal Mart or the drug store. I had good luck removing it from something that I was working on a few weeks ago, but you might need to "lint it" a little bit just to make sure. It's certainly cheaper than Tim's tape.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Painter's tape works great - I use that all the time for masks. There's always a roll on my work desk.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Paula - that is a beautiful tag - color wash or not.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Also, it was recommended someplace, I don't remember where to use the Johnson and Johnson Paper Tape First Aid Tape.

That works great and you can re-use the strips because they stay tacky enough to put down three or four times and they still hold cleanly and come up neatly. Definitely more economical
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Very pretty tag, Paula.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Lots of cool stuff on that tag, Paula! I like the wire heart techniques a lot, too.

Now I know what to do with that painter's tape that I bought and never use for painting.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That is so pretty! Love the hearts!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

...but you wouldn't throw away the tape after you removed it! Use the tape for another project since it's already inked/dyed/painted.

I love Wendy's blog - she's so darned creative!
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

very cool, Paula! I love that beaded, wired heart too!