stamping on labels

New tricks to amaze your friends
pamcook

stamping on labels

Post by pamcook »

Do any of you know the technique where you make a background and then stamp your image. Then you take a sheet of little bitty labels (the whole sheet is maybe 4" x 5") and stamp your image on the sheet of labels. Then somehow you use clear contact paper to lift the whole group of labels and layer it onto your background/stamped image? Am I looney? Have I made this up? I can't find it anywhere.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Re: stamping on labels

Post by ChristyB »

No help here. Sorry ( but I won't call you loony) :P
Paula

Post by Paula »

pamcook wrote:Do any of you know the technique where you make a background and then stamp your image. Then you take a sheet of little bitty labels (the whole sheet is maybe 4" x 5") and stamp your image on the sheet of labels. Then somehow you use clear contact paper to lift the whole group of labels and layer it onto your background/stamped image? Am I looney? Have I made this up? I can't find it anywhere.
:happy94: :happy94: :anyone:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pam, you know I'm just teasing, right????????? :angel:
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Pam, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I stamped on labels to create this card. I just peeled back a portion of the backing and started laying them down on paper. Just peeled it back a little at a time.
Attachments
CS1 (Small).JPG
CS1 (Small).JPG (46.06 KiB) Viewed 610 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Now that I think on it Pam, I do think I know what you mean about the method with the contact paper. It never made sense to me though, because its so much easier to just slowly lay them down and peel the backing off. Why move them more than once?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I think I am more than a bit loony most of the time! :lol:

This technique is different because you see the part of the stamped design on the labels and part on the background. I love the card Julie made, too. I'll keep searching and share it when I find it.

So - last night I found the art piece I had seen almost 2 years ago. Trying to contact the artist to see if she'll share her technique.
Pam Cook #48