Microwave Bowl Cozy

New tricks to amaze your friends
azemigh

Microwave Bowl Cozy

Post by azemigh »

Supplies for 2 cozies 1 for shallow bowls and 1 for deeper bowls

four 10 1/2 inch squares of fabric 2 squares each of contrasting fabric
two 10 1/2 inch squares of cotton batting ( don't use polyester--not good for the microwave)
thread to match or contrast

for the shallow bowl cozy make 1/2 inch darts in the center of all sides of 2 fabric pieces and 1 batting piece that measure 2 inches in. For the deeper bowl make 1/2 inch darts in the center of all sides of the other 2 fabric pieces and the other batting piece that measure 3 inches in. I cut the bulk of the dart from the batting to keep the cozy smooth.

Layer the 2 inch darted pieces in this order batting ws up, 1 fabric rs up and 1 fabric ws up. Sew a quarter inch seam all the way around leaving a 4 inch gap for turning. Trim the corners and any batting that is hanging out of the seam. Turn right side out and smooth the corners Press, turning the seam of the gap under as well. Run an edge stitch around the outside 1/8 inch from the edge catching the turning gap in your edging (no need to handsew the gap first) Sew from corner to corner to make an x through the middle.

Repeat for the 3 inch darted pieces.

These are reversible and washable. Place under your bowl before you put in the microwave; it acts as a pot holder to take the bowl out of the microwave without burning your fingers on the hot bowl.
Attachments
MicrowaveBowlCozies.jpg
MicrowaveBowlCozies.jpg (187.73 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
jmp1022

Re: Microwave Bowl Cozy

Post by jmp1022 »

thanks - I might have to make some
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom