The CCR, Teacups, and Teeth

New tricks to amaze your friends
LadyJaine

The CCR, Teacups, and Teeth

Post by LadyJaine »

There are times I really love it, but there are times...

I have Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2, and it does work with the CCR. Drag and drop will work to line up the score lines, but I put them onto a separate layer and line them up by eye. Don't bother trying to unload, re load, or load a second time, just click on CUT again after you swap from the scoring blade to the cutting blade. Make sure you are cutting the correct layer.

The CCR project that says cut the teacup at 10 inches to use to hold a cupcake? That's a horribly BIG cupcake. I'd say that 7 inches would work better. Actually folding the creases on the sides of the teacup produced a cross between a teacup and a football. Fold the bottom, not the sides. Not to mention, cutting the saucer the real dial size with the teacup gets you a saucer that is a bit on the small side. I also like to skip the score for the handle of the teacup. It's never in the correct place. My favorite teacups are from double sided paper, so the inside is also nice.

But the best thing I figured out this weekend was to decrease the blade depth, decrease the pressure, and increase the number of times I have the blade go over the cuts when trying to get teeny tiny teeth on Mushu when he's only 6" tall. I also went to a glossy paper with some guts to it and didn't use my plain cardstock white. Mushu's teeth came out perfect! And so did his little, beady eyes, too!
bethrich

Re: The CCR, Teacups, and Teeth

Post by bethrich »

Jean, I swear it's easier sometimes to just use the cart. I do have a love-hate relationship with my Gypsy and Cricut, for sure!

So where's the photos of the football/teacup? This I must see. :lol: