Deck of art-7 of spades-road trip-due 6/24

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Ruth Ann Landry

Deck of art-7 of spades-road trip-due 6/24

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

This came from Nancine since GwenJ didn't post by 9pm.
pbp908

Re: Deck of art-7 of spades-road trip-due 6/24

Post by pbp908 »

Oh cool! I just ordered the Route 66 stamps from Artistic Outpost and they'll be perfect. This weekend is going to be catch-up time because the forecast is for 100 degree temps Saturday and Sunday. No way will I be mowing grass (dandelions) in that.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

LOL! Pam - we did the mowing marathon thing last weekend (thought I was going to DIE!). This weekend will be too hot to do anything except breathe.

Cheryl H and Mandee are coming over tomorrow evening to play with paper. Mandee leaves next week for NY (I keep hearing the Pace commercial - "New York CITY?!?!). I'm trying to pretend like this isn't happening. Okay, to end the high-jack - all this to say, my goal tomorrow night is to get all of my Deck of Card Art and 2 swaps done. (yeah, right) I love this theme - I have some stamps and some cute embellies I hope to use for this one.
Pam Cook #48
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Oops, am I first this time...? This one prompted an instant idea and was a real fun LO...

Journal reads:" This is our first car – on our first “big outing”. At the age of 45, my mother decided to get a driving licence, and after many lessons and two tests, she finally held the coveted document and bought this 2nd hand Opel Kadett (Opel is the original Vauxhall brand from Germany). It served us faithfully for many years, and many trips, the first of which was in 1974 to visit her sister, my Aunt Inge, in Bockeroth near Bonn (a distance of 133 miles). After years of getting around on buses, bike or foot, and holidays by train, our first road trip was a real excitement!"

All the cutouts are from Club Scrap kit "Road Trip"; brad from Making Memories, and peel-offs from Craft Creations.
Attachments
DAO_road_trip.jpg
DAO_road_trip.jpg (102.43 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

What a great story Petra, and a super card!

Like Pam I am hoping to get caught up on the Deck of Art - have one swap to do and that's it...
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

stunning Petra...I am enjoying hearing your stories.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great card - I love the photo of you~. (We had Opal Kadett cars here in the US.) Your dress is adorable!
Pam Cook #48
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Petra

I am so enjoying your art
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Wonderful card, Petra. And I love reading your stories.

Like Pam, the first thing that came to mind when I read "road trip" was Route 66. I don't have the stamps from Artistic Outpost, so I used the Club Scrap Cruisin unmounteds.

Ok, I just took a detour and looked at the AO Route 66 stamps - very, very cool. Pam, I can't wait to see what you do with them.
deck of art - road trip.jpg
deck of art - road trip.jpg (78.66 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I can't wait to get them. I got a note from Robyn yesterday that they won't be shipping until Tuesday because they're out of stock. So this will be another one that I don't get done on time. The good news is that the time frame doesn't matter, just like the points on Whose Line Is It? :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

SUE

fab card :cool5: :cool5:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Petra, That's so cute!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is my entry for Road trip. Journaling reads--what long trips these were. From Illinois to California, and no air conditioning! We were able to see a lot of the USA, but I warn you, you must sit behind DAD!
Attachments
101_0044.JPG
101_0044.JPG (117.59 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Perfect Paula
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Petra what a wonderful memory! I love the photo of you in front of your mom's first car.

Paula I so remember the days of cars without ac. When I was young my dad would take all of us (mom & 7 kids) down to my grandfathers beach house. It was only 35 miles but seemed to take hours. The trip I remember the most is the time that we had a flat tire! Oh my was that car an oven!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO