Deck of Art: 4 of hearts Patriotic-due July 22

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Debbie J

Deck of Art: 4 of hearts Patriotic-due July 22

Post by Debbie J »

Anything partiotic--4th of July, someone in the military, anything your heart desires! Have fun
Debbie J

Re: Deck of Art: 4 of hearts Patriotic-due July 22

Post by Debbie J »

In keeping with the book of me theme--this is my Dad. He served in WW11 in the Aleutian Islands.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

wonderful tribute, deb.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This was a hard theme for me as I am not a flag-waving type patriotic person. First I thought of a joint Australia-USA card but then I decided to do a more global approach. I would rather be a citizen of the Earth and not of a particular country. Yesterday I looked for a photo of the Earth from space which got me thinking about the 40th anniversary of Man walking on the Moon this month. Then I realized it is TODAY! What a coincidence!
The quote by Carl Sagan really summed up my thoughts on political boundaries and our place in the universe so I put that over the photo. It's an all digital card.
Attachments
Four of Hearts-Patriotic.JPG
Four of Hearts-Patriotic.JPG (111.68 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Oops, I totally missed last week's! But I have an idea for this one - rather "out of the box" but still...

Love your appraoch, Marianne! And as you say, the space/moon/earth thing is very up-to-date as well. We had all this coverage on the first moon landing these last weeks...40 years ago, unbelievable!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm playing catch up today.....
Deck of Art - Patriotic.jpg
Deck of Art - Patriotic.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm so far behind that I decided to use this for the Patriotic theme. Maybe I'll get caught up soon.
Patriotic.jpg
Patriotic.jpg (149.3 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Pam this patriotic card is by far my favorite
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Again, lovely cards by everybody! I'm struggling with this theme - you'll see why when I get my card done. I have an idea, vaguely...
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Since I just did this last week, I did not have the 4th of July spirit going on....a little drab, but the best I could do.
Attachments
2009 08 11 004.JPG
2009 08 11 004.JPG (31.16 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

My entry to the patriotic. I remember doing this float for hours! Napkins and chicken wire---ugh! But it turned out great!
Attachments
100_0187.JPG
100_0187.JPG (72.71 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Great job everyone! I am so far behind on these, I printed out the list and have started working on them today! hope to show some soon!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Nice cards, ladies. I'm afraid I cannot much relate to the "patriotic" stuff - but I can relate to Paula's idea here as we have floats for other occasions, like village fete carnivals. Nice one.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Paula, what a great memory! What year was that? I can't see the year on the float. Tell us the story, please!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh my, I think it was the early 1980's by the age of the kids. It is just one of those funny stories that you can never say no! We were asked to help with a parade float for the 4th of July parade, and my DH (at the time :angel: ) ended up donating our garage to store and build the thing. Somewhere I have pictures of him constructing the thing. Oops, I found it, aren't you glad you asked :lol: :lol: Anyway, alot of fun memories!
Attachments
LR_Jeff Float.jpg
LR_Jeff Float.jpg (49.05 KiB) Viewed 1684 times