2013 Camp PAO-Wow Art!

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
djenns

Re: Camp Jumble

Post by djenns »

What a thread - I actually sat and looked through this - some great inspiration from all of you.....
I finally tried my hand at the "side step" card and made a Halloween Card, and anyone that really knows me, knows I'm not a Halloween person, but it was fun....

Thanks
Attachments
Halloween Side Step.JPG
Halloween Side Step.JPG (128.12 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
mpizzazz

Re: Paper Arts (layouts)

Post by mpizzazz »

This is a sketch based on Glitter Girl's Adventure #81 about using borders. I've been watching some of the videos while I quilt.
For Challenge #3, I used several borders that had never been used before as well as letter stickers from Challenge #1.
The photo is one Ray took in France in 2008 while we were walking to a concert in a little town behind these two old dears also going to the church. It was nice to use pink and grey on a layout. I love that combo.
Attachments
IMG_7195we.jpg
IMG_7195we.jpg (248.37 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Re: Water sports

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm going to post this one here as there is a lot of water based product on this even if you can't see it. This was what I was working on before we went away that had me so frustrated with white products not really being white. So I sprayed it with some green and yellow mists, slapped on the photos, stamped Brilliant which refers to the photo colors not the process-and called it done!
Attachments
IMG_7193web.jpg
IMG_7193web.jpg (246.45 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
azemigh

Re: Technology Class - digital scrapbooking

Post by azemigh »

Another digi for my Weekly Chronicles prompts. One for Favorites--my current favorite sunset picture of our beach here in Florence.
Attachments
HacetaBeach2012_edited-1.jpg
HacetaBeach2012_edited-1.jpg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
ChristyB

Re: Random Camp Challenge

Post by ChristyB »

here is a canvas I did up this weekend using a video tutorial for a mixed media canvas by Gabrielle Polacca(sp)
I love watching mm videos on Pinterest
Attachments
Always.jpg
Always.jpg (404.04 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
katymjo

Re: Fiber Arts

Post by katymjo »

This is what has been keeping me quiet lately!
A few months ago I devised a "Mystery Quilt" for our quilt group. No-one sees what the finished quilt will be like, they are just told how much fabric to buy/ find/ scrounge, and I am giving out the instructions a bit at a time. I have been stitching along, keeping ahead of the group, just to see if it all works out OK :lol: and I have managed to get the quilt top finished. It measures 40 inches square.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Mystery-Quilt-Top.jpg
Mystery-Quilt-Top.jpg (75.93 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

We are really good about bringing our own bags to the grocery store, however, it's hard to get the bags to stand up in those little metal cages they have for the plastic bags. Well, I found this pattern for making your own and it has little wings on the side to slide over the metal racks. And it had a pattern for an insulated one for cold stuff. So, this is how I spent my Sunday.
Attachments
DSC01254.JPG
DSC01254.JPG (64.99 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
ChristyB

Re: Water sports

Post by ChristyB »

water picture & watercolor paints :D
tfl
Attachments
AdventureCB.jpg
AdventureCB.jpg (392.09 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
mpizzazz

Re: Paper Arts (layouts)

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is another layout that uses items from Challenge #1. It is also inspired by Adventure #83 of Glitter Girl at 2peas to use a bright or busy printed paper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWz6LuY ... 87971A84CB
You should recognize the hostess with the mostest in Gilbert, AZ.
Attachments
IMG_7203.JPG
IMG_7203.JPG (129.99 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is the finished wall hanging I've been working on. It is going to Seattle with me next week to be donated to Northwest Airedale Terrier Rescue for a fundraiser raffle or auction. It's about 45" square. Some of the little checks are looking like a moire pattern in the photo.
Attachments
IMG_7200.JPG
IMG_7200.JPG (248.59 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Re: Photography class

Post by mpizzazz »

Putting this here might be a stretch but it does contain more than 4 photos, roses, an inviting looking pool and lounge chairs complete with 2 champagne glasses. Looks like summer to me.
And, yes, this was the nicest bathroom we had that trip. I get obsessed with bathrooms in France because they are so hard to find on the road.
Hotel where we stayed in St. Rome de Tarn, France in 2008.
Attachments
IMG_7204.JPG
IMG_7204.JPG (205.17 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Doesn't it feel good when you've finished a project! :cool5:
At last I've got the Alsace album completed. Here are a couple of pages from our holiday there last year.
Kathryn.
Attachments
zzzz-Storks-01.jpg
zzzz-Storks-01.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
zzzz-Storks-02.jpg
zzzz-Storks-02.jpg (97.47 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Here's my something old for another weekly chronicles. A pic from the year hubby graduated from Berkeley, 1990, My parent's came down and we all went to Marine World Africa, USA. I don't know who was laughing harder on that elephant ride, my dad or my son.
Attachments
MarineWorldAfrica1990_edited-1.jpg
MarineWorldAfrica1990_edited-1.jpg (94.94 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
pugmom

Re: Tawanda's Challenge

Post by pugmom »

I found this "drawer thing" (don't know what to call it) on one of my recent trips to Goodwill - thought it had potential.
drawers before.jpg
drawers before.jpg (62.6 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Here's my re-do. I think I might use it on my nightstand - paperbacks will fit perfectly and maybe a pretty little crystal bowl to hold my lotion and lip balm and I can stash pens, reading glasses and other things in the drawers.
drawers after.jpg
drawers after.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
azemigh

Re: Camp Art Journal Class

Post by azemigh »

I had to try the Blackened Canvas technique over at Ink Stains and I really love the results. I put up alot more details and steps on my blog if you would like to see the steps I went through.
Attachments
BlackenedCanvas1.jpg
BlackenedCanvas1.jpg (96.05 KiB) Viewed 1048 times