2014 Camp PAO-Wow Art

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
ScrappinJen

Re: Shopping through your stash

Post by ScrappinJen »

Those 6x6 pads are seductive. Glad to see you are using them up, Nancy. HA, as if one layout would do that. But it's a start.

I've been scrapping quite a bit lately. Here is one of the recent layouts. I think the design was from a BPC class called Sketch Solutions. From my stash, I used 7 Gypsies word stickers around the perimeter of the page. I know I've had those things at least ten years. So that is shopping my stash. The paper is from guess what? A 6x6 pad called Mama-razzi from Bo-Bunny. I haven't had it a real long time but long enough to start using it. The stamps are from Unity. I first posted this over at Friends with Flair at Unity. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Snapshot Unity FWF PAO.jpg
Snapshot Unity FWF PAO.jpg (132.67 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
ScrappinJen

Re: Shopping through your stash

Post by ScrappinJen »

Definitely from my stash. As you know, I always think out of the box. So when it came time to build a layout about a visit a 50's diner in South Dakota, I naturally pulled from my stash of Cruisin'. Still love that paper like a child. Oh, the sparkle!!!

Anyway, in addition to the Cruisin' stuff, I used new stamps and dies from Technique Tuesday, my latest dirty secret. I joined the Memory Keepers Studio kit club. Each month I get a set of stamps and coordinating dies, specifically for scrapbookers. Which is what I am trying hard to be.

This layout covers a visit to Boondocks on our way to Deadwood last September. I can't believe it's been a year. Wish I was going back. I loved that state. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
BoondocksPAO.jpg
BoondocksPAO.jpg (238.98 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
ScrappinJen

Re: Multi-photo layouts!

Post by ScrappinJen »

So, it's either here or the Shop your Stash thread. This is certainly a multi-photo layout. Still working on the South Dakota trip and trying to use up those 6x6 pads. This is a sketch I stumbled across on line and I thought it would be great to use up four sheets of 6x6. Papers are from Open Road by Crate Paper. Photos were taken along I90 and at Wall Drug in Wall. I have grown to really like this layout. Simple and simply embellished but it's my style. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
WallDrugPAO.jpg
WallDrugPAO.jpg (244.26 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
ChristyB

Re: Chipboard and diecuts

Post by ChristyB »

Used chipboard for the title.
Attachments
1BeautifulGirlCB.jpg
1BeautifulGirlCB.jpg (269.01 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

used the chipboard letters on cs paper kit called Blueprints
No special technique about it but it's done
Olivia and Joe selling lemonaid at front of the house
Attachments
DSC_7914.jpg
DSC_7914.jpg (177.81 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ScrappinJen

Re: DIY embellishments

Post by ScrappinJen »

Another layout from Hello Story. Still in love with that class. Week Eight presents MAPS as story structures. I've been wanting to make this layout for as long as I've been scrapbooking. I cut the state shapes in my Silhouette which is certainly something I couldn't have done fifteen years ago so, in this case, I guess it's a good thing I procrastinated on it.

It's a layout about the cross country trip I made at the tender age of twenty when I moved from Kentucky to California. Oh, so long ago. I am happy with the results. The photos are slide scans so the quality was a bit off. But I applied a "Seventies" filter to them in Photoshop and it seems to have made them palatable.

The messy part was using many colors of sprays (used as a sprinkle, I've given up on spraying) on the base pages and coloring the states with various Gelato colors. So I think I can call the States my DIY embellishments. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Calif Hello Story Wk8 PAO.jpg
Calif Hello Story Wk8 PAO.jpg (208.61 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Week Ten of Hello Story. The 5 W's. Die cuts made on Silhouette with content provided by Ali Edwards. Can you tell I am inspired by this class?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (80.16 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Jenni Benni

Re: Multi-photo layouts!

Post by Jenni Benni »

Here are a few LO's from last week!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.94 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I got to play All DAY! yesterday. Whoo hoo! Did this piece using gelatos, gesso, distress inks and paints. Added the clock diecut to go with the time quote.
Attachments
hidenothing.jpg
hidenothing.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
azemigh

Re: Getting messy!

Post by azemigh »

My goal here was to not add lumpy embellies, just create texture with inks, paints, stains, etc. It started with a gelato print of the CS Trees stencil, then I just kept adding painted layers and finally inked the quote and birds with archival.
Attachments
EveryArtist.jpg
EveryArtist.jpg (44.37 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Another stunning piece!

Here is a LO I completed today. Ryan and one of the young ladies from our church.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.95 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
Monica

2014 Camp PAO-Wow Art

Post by Monica »

All of our glorious artwork from 2014
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin