2012 Camp PAO-WOW art!

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
clamscrapper

Re: Camp Mail - Art Journals

Post by clamscrapper »

Here's one I did this afternoon while waiting for my GD and our park adventure. I love taking her to the park. She always has so much fun. Anyway here's the page. I just love the colors in this page. It has great texture and appeals to my senses. It makes me smile! I also worked on several other backgrounds, they're just not finished. They are sitting at the ready waiting for when I have a brainstorm.

The quote: "If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change" Gautamma Siddharta
Attachments
rszP1180796.jpg
rszP1180796.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have added a verse to the pages I did before:
Flowers are the sweetest thing God ever made and forgot to put a soul in. Henry Beecher "Life Thoughts" 1858
005.JPG
005.JPG (113.51 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Here is another one. I am afraid the more of these I do the worse I get at it. I should stick with scrapbooking and card making.
002.JPG
002.JPG (139.29 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Cheryl, we all get inspiration from each other. That's is what is so fun about having other artistic friends.

Here's one I started last night and finished this morning. I love this page. I used several different techniques on it. I printed the bug on book paper. My ink was running out so the color is different from the original image. I really liked it and worked my page around the colors. The flower is drawn on a piece of parchment/deli paper that comes in between cheese slices. It is thicker than my other deli papers. I saw where another artist uses these in her work. At first I thought, "how crazy". But while getting cheese for breakfast this morning, I took a look at the paper and said "Why NOT!" I love the way it turned out. After I did the background on the deli paper, I saw IN the colors a shape that could be made into a flower. Hence the flower! I used charcoal pencil to make the flower shape. Was very pleased with the way it turned out. I used more inks, paint and a phrase that I thought applied to what I was creating in this page.
Attachments
P1180798rsz.jpg
P1180798rsz.jpg (53.54 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
P1180799rsz.jpg
P1180799rsz.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
mpizzazz

Re: Photography Class - paper scrapbooking

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is one that I think is HOT!
even if the photo looks a little blurry to me.

Some of the usual suspects at the ReCreate at Donna's Studio last year.
I used the wrap from the Inspiration Journal at the top for the title. The quote at bottom left is from the placemat that was at each place on the tables. And the Welcome Home paper Cheryl gave me at ReCreate. I didn't set out to use it purposely but it seemed like the right thing for the photos. The green paper is from Retro and was sprayed with white mist through punchinello.
The paper flowers were some bargain that I had to have and this is their first outing.
Attachments
Welcomeweb.jpg
Welcomeweb.jpg (218.99 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
clamscrapper

Re: Camp Jumble

Post by clamscrapper »

Life's a Beach
Here's the first version of the palm tree theme which is titled "Life's a Beach". This is on an 8x10 canvas. I used watercolor undercoating, acrylics, pan pastels, beads and shells I collected last summer. Instead of using the Golden molding paste, I used Smart non-shrink wall fix from the hardware store. It gives a different texture than the Golden molding paste which is smoother. The wall fix is much rougher. I like using both of these depending on what texture I an trying to achieve. In "Palm at Sunset", I wanted a much smoother texture because I was using a smaller base.

I had a spot that was just right for this canvas in my beach themed bathroom. I like them both and each one is somewhat different than the other one. The size is vastly different, this one has different shaped waves, clouds, and has a title. I could probably do another one and it would be different too.
Attachments
rszP1180772sign.jpg
rszP1180772sign.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I've been on a roll the last few days and getting lots of pages done. Here is a really fun one.
Deb sent me a label with her She Art girl. I loved it so much that it inspired this art journal page. She loves Paris so I thought that would be just the right theme to show it off.

I used her girl, a tag I'd made with left over inks, an Eiffel Tower stencil, some stamps, some rick rack I got at the retreat and some 3D butterflies. I wanted to try melting wax over parts of the page using a technique I saw on a video. I used a small craft iron with no holes (that's very important - no holes) and wax pellets. It was much easier to do than when I used the melting pot.
Attachments
P1180800rsz.jpg
P1180800rsz.jpg (54.35 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
Monica

Re: Camp Mail - cards

Post by Monica »

Three cards I made last night using a technique I found on Ranger's website. It felt good to get inky Distressed fingers!! I'll be fixing the smeared word on the one card as asoon as I figure out what I want to do with it. ;)

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This is my last layout from ReCreate at Donna's Studio. It doesn't fit any of the other challenges.
The 'after' page is another of those bottom of the spray box papers with some added paint splatters over the letters....and over the laptop and over the table and over me......
Attachments
Before-After web.jpg
Before-After web.jpg (227.5 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

This could go here or on the art journal thread. But since it began as a DIY project, I'll put it here.
I'm always on the hunt for a new stencil. I had this thick crocheted doily that was badly stained. I decided to prep it for use as a stencil. I had to put several layers of gel medium on it and then a layer of gesso. As we all know if you spray paint or ink on the cotton it will only absorb and I needed it to become more plastic like. Above her head is how it looks when I sprayed it with ink. After spraying the background, I decided I'd make a She Art Angel. I hadn't done one in awhile. I wanted the colors to be light and airy.
Attachments
P1180807rsz.jpg
P1180807rsz.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
P1180813rsz.jpg
P1180813rsz.jpg (25.93 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I just posted an AJ page in camp jumble thread. It was because I altered a cotton doily to make the stencil I used.

But will post a different one here. I watched the video Monica posted using distress inks. Wanted to try it but didn't want to make a card. So I just did it on practice paper. I used pan pastels for the background. After I made it I thought that this is just the right size to make an AJ page. I made the tulip page earlier but the colors for this one were a great choice for a facing page. That's one of the reasons I have so many books or loose sheets going at the same time. I love making lots of backgrounds that are ready to go when I have an inspiration.
Attachments
P1180809rsz.jpg
P1180809rsz.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
P1180810rsz.jpg
P1180810rsz.jpg (22.74 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
clamscrapper

Re: Technology Class - digital scrapbooking

Post by clamscrapper »

Here's my attempt at a digital scrapbook page. As you know I love my birds and I love to alter the pictures I take of them. So here's a page using some of those pictures I've altered and then altering the page. I'm happy with it. I did several different versions. Here's one of them.
Attachments
collage3.jpg
collage3.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Since camp is still open for a while I have completed one card. Not sure if I want to add something else or not. This is all Stampin' Up!
Christmas card PAO.jpg
Christmas card PAO.jpg (58.69 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I made these digi cards for birthdays coming up in September. Two use photos from Yosemite and Monument Valley and I played about with a QDDL from the Wild Flowers kit for the third one.
Kathryn.
Attachments
z-Birthday-Cards-August.jpg
z-Birthday-Cards-August.jpg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
katymjo

Re: Horseback riding

Post by katymjo »

Nature's Bounty. In the Spring I sowed a packet of mixed flower seed, and it has been fun seeing what grew. I picked this bunch today.
Kathryn.
Attachments
z-garden-flowers.jpg
z-garden-flowers.jpg (61.8 KiB) Viewed 1119 times